Options

*2019 Colorado State Meet-Up Inquiry*

AquariScorpAquariScorp Member Posts: 10
New T@B owner here looking to see if there is a group that meets in the summer.  :)

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @AquariScorp, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer!  Can't answer your question, though. We'll wave if we pass you on the road sometime. Happy t@bbing.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
  • Options
    rtolanrtolan Member Posts: 23
    Hello Colorado T@b campers. I live in Pagosa Springs snd would love to find other Colorado T@bers. A meetup would be great. 
  • Options
    Thanks rtolan. I'm south of Denver.  :)
  • Options
    Buddha4Buddha4 Member Posts: 1
    I'd be in for a meetup as well.   I'm in the Monument/Palmer Divide area.
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    You can check out & join these forums on Facebook 1.  Rocky Mountain Glampers -- I know this forum is having several events this spring/summer -- on the left there is an "events" tab-- there is one in LaVeta in June -- I think 11 are signed up for this one so far that campground is holding some spots for us but they are filling up fast-- check to make sure that this group IS NOT just women only if you are bringing your family--some groups are women only-- I don't think this one is women only

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    2 other groups on Facebook are 1.  Tada, Tab & Tag trailer camper owners & 2. Tab trailers-- they also have events
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    New T@B owner here looking to see if there is a group that meets in the summer.  :)
    Colorado teardrop and tiny trailer campers on fb
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Thank you for responding, RollingBnB and lkc001, I'm not on FB but I appreciate your input. Buddha4 you are not that far away from me.  :)
  • Options
    BigBlueBigBlue Member Posts: 14
    We are in Manitou Springs - would also be game for a meet-up this summer.
  • Options
    Thanks BigBlue. Good to know you are near by! Should we get with the group meeting at La Veta pass this summer...? Not on FB so I may need help if that is something we should all support. Suggestions...?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Where were y'all in 2016?  =)

I had the chance to spend the summer in Twin Lakes and Buena Vista...totally loved it. It was before Holiday in PS started selling T@bs. I have made it to Colorado for a couple of weeks every year except 2013 and this year, since 2010. A nice elong trip to Montana, Jasper, and Banff is rovving me of my vacation days, this fall, and of course, camp.  I woul dbe lying if I did not co fess to pricing out the cost of dropping down to Colorado for a couple of days on my way home.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Laura_vLaura_v Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    I’m in for a meetup.
    jkjenn, drop in anytime! 
    Laura
    Broomfield, CO
    2018 320S / 2004 Ford Expedition 
  • Options
    LojocamperLojocamper Member Posts: 30
    We are in Manitou Springs also! Just joined the Colorado teardrop and Tiny Campers FB group and will be joining them on a camping trip to Dinosaur NP/Monument in May. They had a meet and greet last weekend and seem to be a very fun loving, friendly group. Although not exclusively T@bbers, there are quite a few T@g/T@b owners. 
    BreakingAw@y
    Silver/black 2018 T@B 320 CS-S, Outback axle, AT tires
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

My Visited North America Map
    Adventures: 7
    States: 21
    Provinces: 5

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I'm in Colorado Springs and would be in for a meet up as well!  

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    So, as the Tearjerkers say, if you want a gathering, someone needs to name a date and time, and it will happen!  Start simple, let each camper make their own reservations, have a meet and greet on Friday night and a potluck on Saturday. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Laura_v said:
    I’m in for a meetup.
    jkjenn, drop in anytime! 
    I am sure I will be back in 2020! I really regret not making it out this winter. I have never been in the winter and this winter was one for the ages. I have loved all of the photos and videos. It seems like you could get away with camping in BV and Salida areas most of the year as long as the elevation was bot too high.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Sorry for the delayed response as I have been on vacation. Good to see all the feedback! I'm excited to read that most of the new posts are from ones that live close by. Verna, that's a great idea to appoint someone to set a date, time and location. Would you like to help us all out on that...? 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @AquariScorp, no thank you. I will be in Alaska. 

The Tearjerkers have always explained this method of starting a gathering. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Okay, thanks Verna. Lojocamper, when is the meet-up in May at Dinosaur NP/Monument? Would you all want to attend that gathering or meet up a little closer. There are several summer events and festivals around the state so I'm open to suggestions. 
  • Options
    @AquariScorp if you are on FB, the best source of info is to join the FB group Colorado Teardrop & Tiny Trailer Campers. Schedule was just posted for the season in the group. May event is 5/2-5/5/19. You might be particularly interested in the August event in Woodland Park. We will not be very active this year (plan to attend 2 or 3 events) as we are traveling- UCamp, then Alaska visiting the grandkids, followed by a journey to Eastern Canadian provinces and New England. Otherwise I’d be happy to get something started. We hope to be more local next summer 2020. 
    BreakingAw@y
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @Lojocamper, I'm not on FB but thank you for the information. @Smullis7, @Laura_V@BigBlue, @Buddha4 and @rtolan would you be interested in attending any events this summer for a meet-up or the one in Woodland Park in August...? 
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @AquariScorp - We like to do everything from this forum also.  FB tends to be more people, but harder to manage.  Verna is absolutely right... pick a time and place, post it here in a new thread, and give people enough time to be able to get their reservations before the place fills up.  We come from Eastern WA, and might be interested in joining you all depending on the date, and if you accept "outsiders" . ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Laura_vLaura_v Member Posts: 3
    @Lojocamper, I'm going to Ucamp too! Maybe I’ll see you on the road.

@AquariScorp@Smullis7@BigBlue@Buddha4 and @rtolan, I’ll be in Woodland Park in August. There might be a few spaces open, contact Liz Albright. She and Martin do a fantastic job setting up trips.
    We're looking at places to do some dispersed camping August 23-26, maybe near Red Feather Lakes, CO or Vedauwoo, WY. We're open to other suggestions. We can start a new thread if you’re interested. 
    Laura
    Broomfield, CO
    2018 320S / 2004 Ford Expedition 
  • Options
    @Laura_v and @Lojocamper looking forward to meeting you guys at uCamp. Love my Colorado T@bbers.

• Options
    Laura_v , thank you for the suggestion yet who is Liz Albright and how would I be able to contact her?
  • Options
    @AquariScorp  Liz is the administrator/coordinator for the Colorado Teardrop & Tiny Campers FB group. If you want to be involved in the group, you really have to be on FB and join the group. The group is just too large for her to manage without a single source of communication, and she has chosen to use FB as her communication platform. FB and FB Messenger is how to reach her. I asked her about posting the schedule here on this forum, and she would prefer not to, as then she has to monitor this site as well. I understand totally.
    BreakingAw@y
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

• Options
    @Lojocamper Ugh, the buy in to that particular social network just for a meet-up is dispiriting and myopic in it's imagination to distribute information.  Thank you though for your help. 
  • Options
    mikesnewjourneymikesnewjourney Member Posts: 28
    We are located in Palisade Colo and would be interested in meeting up 
  • Options
    COHiker06COHiker06 Member Posts: 25
    We are located in Palisade Colo and would be interested in meeting up 
    Hey
    I live in Colorado Springs and am looking for places in your area to camp/photograph. Would you be willing to share any info about connected or boondocking near by?
    Cheers
    Craig
    2018 T@B400
    2019 Jeep GC 5.7L
    and two furry bed hogs
    Colorado