T@B 400 Bedding Questions

Susan and I purchased our new T@B 400 last November and are getting ready for our first shake-down camp-out this April. We have been collecting all the necessary accessories but are having a problem with selecting bedding for the camper. We measured the bed at 78" x 56" which is just short of a Queen size ( 80" x 60"). We would like to purchase a Pillow Top and sheets and were wondering what size other folks are using?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    edited March 2019
    check out short Queen sheets and mattress pads.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    We use queen size 3 inch topper and bedding. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We just found  Moana themed sheet set in the full size.  We use a mattress topper that is pillowed and slips over like a fitted sheet.  I was worried if the full size fitted sheet would fit over the topper and fit the mattress.  It works really well. Now we can travel with our Moana/Hawaiian themed interior.  We have been using a regular Queen sized fitted set and they leave plenty to tuck in all around.  The full set seems like a better fit.  We also have a full sized comforter and it works well.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    There is a sheet set on Amazon that if you buy a set and send them an email they will make a set in a custom size.  They are located in India but I got the custom set in about 10 days.  They work great on our 400 bed.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07839MC6V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    I ordered a camper size queen topper at Amazon-about 1 inch too wide-pretty good
  • peterac50peterac50 Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2019
    Well here is our two cents about bedding for the 400. First the 400 is a queen in name only. Its a bit short in width to be considered a real queen. However, the length is consistent with a queen or a full sized xl mattress. We opted to put a full sized xl, 3" natural latex topper over the cushions for a number of reasons: 1. A full sized topper is slightly narrower than the cushions which means there is plenty of space near the back wall for the Alde heater space to heat the cabin without interference from the bedding. 2. a natural latex topper does not off gas and is very comfortable. 3. Using a 3" topper means we can make the topper the bed, so we don't have to struggle to get the bedding under the cushions. It's still a pain but considerably easier. 3. Full size sheets work great. Don’t need to get xl sheets.  4. If you think you will miss the 2 inches of width, you won't due to the slope in the back roof. 5. Making up the topper instead of the full bed means none of the bedding interferes with opening the drawers in the the kitchen. (if you got the bigger refrigerator instead of the closet). And 6. If you need to get to the hatch under the bed, you can do so simply by folding the topper in half and pulling up the hatch (we installed the struts to make it easier since our 2019 didn't come with them). So, no special toppers, no custom orders, no cutting down queen toppers so they fit better, etc. That our take on the 400 bed situation. By the way if you want to order a really comfortable full sized topper, we got ours online at Sleep on Latex. https://sleeponlatex.com/

Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
    States Visited Map
    2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline
  • RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    By “full size” you mean a standard double or cut down queen ? Thanks.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • peterac50peterac50 Member Posts: 67
    No. Full-size is a standard industry mattress size: Twin, full size, queen, and king. The twin and the full come in an XL size which is what I ordered. 54x80. 
    Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
    States Visited Map
    2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline
  • davel4wadavel4wa Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2019
    Full size is sometimes call 'double' but industry wide usually full size. Good information here as my last rv had a so called 'RV Queen' and the fitted bottom sheet was always a problem.