Options

T@b entertainment system and streaming video?

Since I seem to be watching most of my television on demand or via Netflixs and Amazon these days, does anyone know if you can run your computer through the T@b entertainment system and use the TV?  or is it cable and DVD only?  Not sure how much I'd use it if it was only cable channels and DVD.  All I'd be doing is watching the weather channel :)

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited April 2015
    Betting it's cable - an HDMI cable into the back of the TV. If there was any kind of wireless it'd probably have to be wifi for the speed/bandwidth.
    What kind of Internet connection are you using while T@Bing it to get connected to Netflx?
  • Options
    DEHDEH Member Posts: 26
    Not a T@b owner yet. Just wondering if I would even want a TV.  I was thinking about how I use TV at home and if it would transfer to T@bing life. I can get wifi via a hotspot and use a computer or iPad, but was also wondering how "smart" the TV was.  Just wondering if anyone had used the system in a T@b to stream video, and how it would work. I suspect that I don't need a TV, and since I'm looking at a CS, I really don't need two of them :)
  • Options
    I ordered mine without the media options because being on the road means no ubiquitous internet connection and if relying on a cell connection streaming eats your bandwith limits in no time. I have a 20gig plan and still don't do any major movie streaming. And hitting reliable "fast" wifi is hit/miss at best. McDonalds etc, forget it, slow as molasses. Starbucks better. So, gave up my Netflix subscription.
    What I do do is hit libraries or other sources and download media to my computer and iPad - I load them up. Downloadable media works, streaming isn't in the cards unless you want to hang at the library (or wherever) and watch a two hour movie.
    I have a TV stick/tuner/antenna for my computer but digital TV is pretty much line of sight so I have to be relatively close to a tower to get anything. The only other media option (TV) while traveling is a satellite dish - You see a lot of those. But again, those aren't Internet "streaming" devices and those that have that option again are bandwidth constrained.

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The TV has an HDMI in line.  I have used it as a monitor for my desktop with no problem.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    DEHDEH Member Posts: 26
    Thank you all.  That makes my planning easier. 

• Options
    tpurr02tpurr02 Member Posts: 49
    DEH,
    I hooked up my Fire TV to the television via the HDMI and streamed in Netflix on my hotspot.  Two episodes of Marco Polo later, I realized that I had just spent about $40 to watch two hours of tv.  Streaming from a hotspot is just too expensive so if we can't get decent wifi, we will have back up DVD's to watch.  Hope that helps!

• Options
    tpurr02 - Ya, streaming gets spendy. Cheaper to download iTunes movie rentals while at a library than to stream anything. If Netflix would let you download instead of stream it'd work better for our types.
    Another way to get fast wifi so you go downloading nuts is stay at a motel for a day. Some have laundry facilities so you get a threesome - Room, WiFi, Laundry. If for some reason I'm close to a big city, I've found I can get a motel room cheaper than the close by campgrounds. In Albuquerque I got an Inns/Suites room for $31+tax - the close-in campgrounds were $35+