400 vs 400 BDL Height

ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
I have read varying reports that the difference in exterior height between the two 400 versions is 1” to 4”. I am sure the truth is somewhere between those two extremes. I have the Boondock version, and intend to measure the clearance the next time I have the trailer sitting on my flat driveway by measuring from the bottom of the trailer to the ground directly in front of the passenger side tire (between tire and door step).

I would be appreciative if someone with a standard 400 and the original tire could do the same and report back your findings. Keep in mind that you must be on a flat, level surface with the trailer level (most importantly front to back) to be accurate. 

This will not be scientific, for sure, as the amount of weight we’ve loaded will impact the height a bit.  I intend to measure mine with no water in fresh and grey, and only a gallon or so in black (how I leave after emptying and “recharging” my black).  I’m guessing I probably have another 80 lbs in added stored equipment, kitchen supplies, tools, and such.  Let me know if your situation is much different.  I’m only looking to narrow the reported range, and guessing the difference is probably 2.5-3.00”.

Please don’t go to great lengths to accommodate, only if your current situation makes it convenient. My own trailer won’t be back in my driveway to take the measure until this coming weekend (April 20) anyway.  Thanks in advance. 
Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.

Comments

• TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited April 2019
    I can’t say they were perfectly level but this past weekend while at dealer I measured a 2019 400 Standard and a 2019 400 BDL behind the rear wheel where the frame breaks upward.  The difference was about 4 inches, but I can’t claim it was a “scientifically accurate” measurement.  (I am considering ordering a BDL.)
  • ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    @TNOutback. Thank you!  That is what I originally thought I had heard too (4”), but in another discussion today someone indicated he’d heard it was a bit less than 4”.  BTW, I love our BDL.   I don’t know that I’d ever really take it anywhere that a standard 400 could not go, but I might.  And the tires look real tough, and the step is extra solid, as is the handle beside the door.  We bought our 400 BDL more for its interior features (microwave and 3-way fridge), and also because it was available without the 3 month build wait... AND because the deal we got was ridiculous (in the best of ways)... AND it matched our TV (no that was not planned).  Believe it or not, we actually bought the TV about a week before finding the T@B online.  We had to drive 600 miles each way to pick it up, but it all worked out soooooo good!!
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.