Options

Dutchmen T@B New Tires - Different Size Spare

MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
edited April 2019 in Trailer & Towing
Just put new tires all the way around on my 2007 Dutchmen. Once again I went with Kelly Edge A/S 91H  205 55 R16. They've been good tires, and have shown almost no wear after 4 years each time. I also decided to replace the spare. It's been there for 12 years now and never been pulled down from underneath the trailer. I was going to rotate one of my older tires onto it, BUT it is a different size. It takes a 195 60 R15. For that one I went with a Firestone Lemans Touring AS II. Lots less expensive for something that may never be used, and if it is used, just long enough to get to a tire shop. I did not have them put it back under the trailer. For now it will ride in my truck. Dutchmen Clamshells have the least amount of tongue space. Dutchmen's also have very low cargo capacity, so saving 20-30lbs is a plus. OH, I also took the opportunity to give the wheels a spin while each was jacked up. Spins like silk!! So my bearing replacement 5 years ago is holding well :) The spare bearings living in my truck can stay there awhile longer.

Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
Harvest, AL