Options

Drainage of Dometic Cool Cat on 400

peterac50peterac50 Member Posts: 67
is there a drain on the pan for the cool cat air conditioner. Noticed water dripping out the exterior grate. 

(Edited:  Just fixed your domestic cool car.  Sharon)
Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
States Visited Map
2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    It does drain out the corners of the vent.  We always level with a slight down and forward to that side.

2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    Just got this update from Nucamp tech department: There is a drain system for that ac. Once the pan underneath the AC fills to a certain point there are cutouts on the bottom of the exterior ac exhaust grill. If you feel the bottom side of the Grill you will feel 2 drainage ports. 

This is the drain pan system we received from Dometic with their AC. 
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Are there actual drains out bottom for the 2021 400's with the Cool Cat? The previous models while maybe draining with the cutouts, obviously do run down side of trailer below the grill, certainly would of been better with some sort of tube through the floor.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    I believe the 2021s are using a dometic pan with drains out the bottom - but someone needs to confirm that. I believe I read that. That is why my question to Nucamp was about a possible retrofit - but that does not appear possible due to the previous design.
    States Visited Map