Options

T@B Exhaust Fan Dome Lid Replacement

TeardropRamblersTeardropRamblers Member Posts: 5
edited April 2019 in Tips & Tricks
Hi everyone, we'd like some resources and advise. We have a T@B 2007 Dutchman Clam shell. Everything is original. Our roof Ventline Exhaust Fan Dome Lid is cracked, and needs replacement. [Attributes: Fan Slot Rim: 13.5" Sq.; Dome Lid: 14.75" Sq.; Rear Curled hinge; Lift Hardware on Right side; Dark color; Fan Motor height centered in dome. I see similar attributes in different dome lids, but not all offered in one lid. (The discontinued Ventline VC0374-00 fan works fine, but exact Dome VB0568 parts are no longer available.)] Has anyone replaced or retrofitted a dome lid like this? Please share what and how? Or did you opt to you replaced entire fan and, if so, with what? *Thanks for any help.

EDITED FOR PHOTO SIZE.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO REDUCE YOUR PHOTO SIZE.  Sharon

Comments

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    I happen to have the original Fantastic Fan, three speed, that came with my 2018 T@B 320S, should you think that would fit. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Not sure. I'll look into that one and see if I can get a part that works. Thank you.
  • Options
    Ok, good luck! I'm going to toss mine.
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    Wait; Back up and explain more? I take it you're not using it...  What are you using instead? Are you trying to sell?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I swapped out the standard Fantastic Fan 3 speed that comes with the trailer for a MaxxAir Fan, 10 speed, manual version, with rain hood incorporated. http://www.maxxair.com/products/maxxfan/maxxfan_deluxe.php
    I like the 10 speeds, the hood is low profile and still fits in my garage, and looks good, and that even with the top closed, it operates as a ceiling fan and no rain sensor. 
    Not selling, not worth the effort. Garbage day tomorrow! It's a standard 14" square opening. It's the manual open/close, three speed, intake and exhaust. Nothing wrong with it at all, but I wanted the MaxxAir. The Fantastic with just three speeds is very robust and loud and uses more energy than the Maxx.

This is the top of the Fantastic Fan, the lid lying flat/closed. You can see the black shroud that is simply glued onto the top of the trailer The white portion is the inside trim. Also, the NuCamp T@B's ceiling is 1" thick. 

Inside. I'm not sure I have the four corner screws for the trim. Very clean. Used just last season. I'm in Oregon. I don't know shipping, but if we can figure it out, I'll send it to you if you want.
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    Well, I Wish I were next door! (It certainly won't do the landfill any good.) There's also the neighborhood old free sign in front... Everything disappears here for re-purposing.  
    My shipping best guess is ~$20 for ship w track w one of the big 3, w/o a bus discount. I'd have to research that if you want to hold a bit. 

The Maxxair you mention does sound good, esp as you were motivated to replace the Fantastic.

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    edited April 2019
    I also removed a perfectly good Fantastic Fan to install a MaxxFan Deluxe.  We are very happy with the change.  Possibly worth considering given that yours needs repair.  My FF is long gone....

• Options
    Agree @rfuss928, especially as the MaxxFan's are on sale at Camping World right now (along with all the fans actually)!
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    Ok, there certainly seems to be consensus re the MaxxFans. We'll  look into it. Thanks!