Options

fresh water tank is no longer filling through the "city water" inlet

We are getting our T@B ready to use for the first time in a couple years and for some reason the fresh water tank won't fill when using the hose we use with a pressure limiter for the city water input connector. It fill fine using the same hose into the other water fill opening next to it.

Anyone know why this could be? The screen and washer on the city connector on the T@B look fine and I know water is coming out of the hose.

Thanks for any ideas!

Greg K.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2019
    So which one are you referring to the freshwater (large opening) tank fill point or the threaded city water opening?   

If you are referring to the city water (threaded) port maybe the check valve (just behind the hose attachment point) is bad and the city water assembly needs to be replaced?  You can do the replacement if you are a handyman and can find a new part on Amazon or at Camping World, your local RV parts store, etc.  

And is water flowing easily through the hose reduction valve when unhooked from the trailer?  Remove it and see how well the water comes out if the hose.  If you have good water pressure before the trailer your issue is at the city water fill assembly and will most likely need to replace it.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited April 2019
    Your fresh water tank is NOT SUPPOSED to fill from the city water opening. It is designed that way on purpose so that when you are at a campground and using city water, the fresh water tank won't fill up and overflow into your camper. If your freshwater tank was filling from the city water valve, then the check valve that prevents that was stuck open and has since reset itself to work correctly. You always fill your fresh water tank through the specific fill port. The city water connection is designed to bring water directly to your sink, shower, and toilet without the tank or pump.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    gkillmastergkillmaster Member Posts: 89
    So which one are you referring to the freshwater (large opening) tank fill point or the threaded city water opening?   

If you are referring to the city water (threaded) port maybe the check valve (just behind the hose attachment point) is bad and the city water assembly needs to be replaced?  You can do the replacement if you are a handyman and can find a new part on Amazon or at Camping World, your local RV parts store, etc.  
    Thank you! The threaded one says "city water" on it is the one not working. I too the filter and gasket off and behind it is this little limiter looking thing like in the hose attachment. I wonder if it could be obstructed...
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @gkillmaster, what @Mouseketab said X2! Your fresh water tank is not supposed to fill from the city water port. The city water port energizes your t@b plumbing just like the city water flows through the plumbing in your house. It does NOT fill the water tank to make the plumbing work, just like your home. If you have city water at home, you don't fill your personal house water tank(which you don't have) to have water in the plumbing lines.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Your fresh water tank is NOT SUPPOSED to fill from the city water opening. It is designed that way on purpose so that when you are at a campground and using city water, the fresh water tank won't fill up and overflow into your camper. If your freshwater tank was filling from the city water valve, then the check valve that prevents that was stuck open and has since reset itself to work correctly. You always fill your fresh water tank through the specific fill port. The city water connection is designed to bring water directly to your sink, shower, and toilet without the tank or pump.
    OMG.Of course! I did know this, then I forgot not having used it in so long. Appreciate the response!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Don’t feel bad, as everyone has their own personal trailer horror stories and tales of embarrassing moments.  This is how we learn and why the forum areas were created.  Another frequent or popular topic with new owners is “why don’t I have electricity to my 110 volt outlets when boondocking as the battery is fully charged, the lights work and I have an electric converter?”  

Best of luck to you and enjoy the upcoming camping season!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Don’t feel bad, as everyone has their own personal trailer horror stories and tales of embarrassing moments.  This is how we learn and why the forum areas were created.  Another frequent or popular topic with new owners is “why don’t I have electricity to my 110 volt outlets when boondocking as the battery is fully charged, the lights work and I have an electric converter?”  

Best of luck to you and enjoy the upcoming camping season!  

Thank you! I appreciate that!