Wifi outdoor camera, recommendations?

Our Garage went up, home to our camper,   an unexpected problem has a risen.    Now that the alley a long the back of our lot is not visible from the house we have people dumping huge amounts of garbage behind our garage.    Need a wifi camera or two to catch these folks in the act or better yet deter them from continuing.......I have read the amazon reviews and google generated search reviews,  lets just say I am skeptical at best and honestly not sure I believe any of them.   Looking for some first hand recommendation,    need wifi,   resolution high enough that we can see faces and read liscense plates.   Infrared might be a plus????

It is to the point that the trash we are picking up behind the garage is more than we generate in the house hold

Thx in advance
2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods

Comments

• utahuskerutahusker Member Posts: 10
    I like the Amazon Blinks, because there's no subscription and they're battery powered.  The batteries last for over a year easily.

• GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449
    We really like our Arlos.  We have a couple up around our property.  Easy setup, many options and no subscription unless your want monitoring.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    follow up

I purchased a total of 4 blink xt2 cameras,   very happy with the performance so far and have caught some hillarious antics in the alley.

They are motion activated,  have infrared and a microphone.   As noted above they save to the web at no additional charge,   the only downside was having to extend my wifi coverage to a detached garage,  no biggy.

I have caught one dumper and turned the footage over to the local LEO who knew who it was and it has stopped since calling the law.    So problem solved for now.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @Cbusguy : Perfect timing on the recommendation. Our Arlo service is being discontinued soon, and those Blink XT2s look perfect.  Thanks!
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I had 4 Blink cameras at my house and they sure helped as I spend my winters in the Southwest. I could check inside and outside from 2100 mikes away. Technology sure is great. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    Just got my Amazon Blink XT2 cameras on a Prime Day sale.  way way cheaper than the arlos.  seem to work great so far.  the motion sensor has been set off by bees and spiders a few times.  Battery powered.  Wifi connected. free cloud video storage.  couldn't be easier.
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite