Options

Alde circle with arrows icon on digital display

what does the circulation icon mean? 
2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”

Comments

• Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    Your description of the icon is pretty much the answer.  It means the circulation pump is in operation.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 591
    And when your circulation pump is running, that means glycol is circulating through the black tubes to heat the cabin. If you don't want to heat the cabin, you need to adjust the temperature on the control panel, similar to a home thermostat.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    edited May 2019
    It means:  Constant pump operation
    Cont.: With this function selected the pump is permanently on.

NOTICE
      This function limits the supply of hot water, particularly when there is a low heating requirement.

Therm: With this function selected the pump is controlled by the panel/room sensor. This is the normal operating mode for heating the vehicle and obtaining a normal  supply of hot water. Factory setting is Therm.

If you want hot water and to control the cabin heat with the thermostat you do NOT want the pump on continuously.  You will not be able to use the hot water boost if the pump is on continuously.

Here is the Alde manual.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/iz/x9ylh4kf7fz5.pdf

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,599
    edited May 2019
    Sorry I understand what you mean (3:54PM post) but still find it very confusing.
    The circulation icon can appear in two locations, on the Main Panel Status Screen and on one of the System Setting Screens.
    During Normal Operation the circulation icon will appear on the Main Panel Status Screen when the Space Heat Pump (part of Alde) is running.  This will turn on/off as needed to maintain cabin temperature.

On one of the Setting Screens you can force the pump to run 100% of time by selecting the Cont mode.  Therm Mode is normal operation (as defined above) and is the recommended System Setting.

Side Note:  You can force the Circulation Pump Off for 30-minutes by setting the shower Hot Water to 100%.  Handy to heat water faster for a shower.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    @MuttonChops, so at the screen choice #17, you select Therm (Thermostat) and when the pump comes on the circulation icon will display (D).  Is the Cont. vs Therm. confusing?  The reason the Continuous pump operation limits hot water is because of the way the boost provides extra hot water.  When someone wants to have a longer supply of hot water, the boost mode stops the hot glycol from circulating.  As a result, there is no further return of cooler glycol to the Alde, and the boiler heat is preserved and transferred to the water.  Is that what you needed?
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,599
    @MuttonChops, so at the screen choice #17, you select Therm (Thermostat) and when the pump comes on the circulation icon will display (D).  [[ Correct]] Is the Cont. vs Therm. confusing?  The reason the Continuous pump operation limits hot water is because of the way the boost provides extra hot water.  When someone wants to have a longer supply of hot water, the boost mode stops the hot glycol from circulating.  As a result, there is no further return of cooler glycol to the Alde, and the boiler heat is preserved and transferred to the water.  Is that what you needed?
    LOL =) All is well.
    Just felt your earlier post required too much understanding of the system.
    I attempted to show/explain the basic issues at hand.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Sometimes i wonder if ppl over think this system. I have mine set for thermostatic control and my hot water, I do nothing for. No boost no nada. I get hot water for showers and dish washing aplenty, and the trailer is warm...🤷🏻‍♂️
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    I agree @4ncar.  Leave it on Thermostat control.  I think people need to read the manual and then read it again😏