Options

Question about covering spare tire on front tongue

linolino Member Posts: 225
I’m wondering what others have done to try and cover the exposed part of the tire not covered by a tire cover when it is moved to the front tongue? That’s sloppy sentence 😂

Covers seems to be made to face tow vehicle or lay flat

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I have many of those 
    Thanks
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    lino said:
    I’m wondering what others have done to try and cover the exposed part of the tire not covered by a tire cover when it is moved to the front tongue? That’s sloppy sentence 😂

Covers seems to be made to face tow vehicle or lay flat
    The cover that I have wraps pretty far around to the backside. There’s really hardly any rubber exposed. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Tabmann400Tabmann400 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2019
    To: lino
    Answer to your question about the exposed part of the tire after using your cover:   I used a Plaskolite White Corrugated Plastic Sheet from Lowes, item no. 345710; model 1TW3036C. It costs about $11.00. It is wide enough to cut the circular cover.    I sanded it lightly then spray-painted it black.  I first used a cardboard to cut the hole to fit through the tire holder.  Once you fitted the practice cardboard, you can trace your pattern onto the corrugated plastic.  
    Manny & Anne, from northeast Florida,  2018 Tab 400,  Silver with black trim, towed by 2017 Ram 1500
  • Options

Manny & Anne, from northeast Florida,  2018 Tab 400,  Silver with black trim, towed by 2017 Ram 1500
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    The idea of installing the spare tire came from another forum member.  Thanks to him for sharing it.  He has detailed instructions and pictures.  I just added the black plastic cover in front.  
  • Options
    To: lino
    Answer to your question about the exposed part of the tire after using your cover:   I used a Plaskolite White Corrugated Plastic Sheet from Lowes, item no. 345710; model 1TW3036C. It costs about $11.00. It is wide enough to cut the circular cover.    I sanded it lightly then spray-painted it black.  I first used a cardboard to cut the hole to fit through the tire holder.  Once you fitted the practice cardboard, you can trace your pattern onto the corrugated plastic.  

Thanks for the info