Options

Anti-freeze disposal

This has probably been discussed to death on this forum, but I'll ask anyway: What's a good way of disposing of the liquid you drain from your TAB during dewinterization? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @scotty0424 as it’s supposed to be non-toxic you can dump it anywhere. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    I take my old oil and anti-freeze to the local waste facility where they have bulk dump containers.  There is a small charge and they limit the quantity to 4 gallons per visit, but it is a good way to properly dispose.  If you don't have a waste facility close by or one that accepts oil and anti-freeze, check with local mechanics.  They usually have a recycle or dump tank for used fluids.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    As the pink RV antifreeze is nontoxic, it can go into your sanitary system or septic tank at home or via a full hook up at a campsite.  I know it is non-toxic, but I would not dump it into our storm drains as that goes out to our lake.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I go to a full hookup campground to dewinterize. It all goes down the sewer drain.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    As the pink RV antifreeze is nontoxic, it can go into your sanitary system or septic tank at home or via a full hook up at a campsite.  I know it is non-toxic, but I would not dump it into our storm drains as that goes out to our lake.  
    You wouldn't dump your holding tanks into the storm sewer any time, right?  :)
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Our holding tanks get dumped at a dump station.  Some folks use a bucket as necessary to dump into a house toilet.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    Our holding tanks get dumped at a dump station.  Some folks use a bucket as necessary to dump into a house toilet.
    I was at the Grand Canyon a few weeks ago and my gray tank filled with only one night to go.  My site was very difficult to get into and unhook, so instead of heading to the dump station, I used a 10L bucket to dump the gray tank at the CG toilet.  It took 5 trips to empty the gray tank, and much less time than moving to the dump station. I would not recommend this for the black tank though.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.