Options

Question about a T@B 400 Boondock Lite

SystemSystem Posts: 180
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2020 trip.

Comments

• Options
    lpantherslpanthers Member Posts: 32
    We have plenty of experience with camping in larger travel trailers.  When camping we have taken long trips traveling into most states and across Canada including Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Now we are getting ready to purchase a new 2020 Tab 400 Boondock Lite.  I would like to know about any pitfalls one might have with extended travel in a Tab.
    Maintenance issues or otherwise.

Thanks,
    Lee Schleining
    Pisgah Forest, NC
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    @system, I think Verna stays in her BD Lite full time. You might look at some of her posts.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The only pitfall I’ve encountered is trying to leave a gas station in a timely fashion 😂. Everyone wants to see it!

I made an an excellent choice for fulltime travel. 

I did change the table (search the forum for Lagun) and I made bed slats yesterday so the front area can still be made into a bed.  Pictures when I finish installing the bed slats. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    We aren't full time, however since picking up a 400 BD Lite on 23-Apr-2019 it has been used the majority of the time, quite a bit in our driveway due to multiple family visiting, makes a good extra bed. We have towed about 2500 miles in that time. Getting ready to add a 10 day work-camp trip in a commercial CG to those nights. I fixed a few minor issues and really have zero things or reason to take to a dealer at this point for warranty.

No idea what type of units you have experience with, but we looked at a LOT of units before purchasing to compare quality and features, IMO, difficult to find any RV built as well except maybe the large class A's over $500k and not even sure about that.

If you can adjust to the smaller space I feel you will be happy with the quality and simplicity.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite