Options

FW tank won’t fully drain

How do you get the FW tank to fully drain— still says 13% full— have tried tilting up& down— I have a 2017 Tab 320S
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    The SeeLevel monitor over estimates fresh water tank levels.  To get every drop out, roll up on blocks or the Anderson leveler on the driver’s side.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @Sharon_is_SAM how many of the Lego blocks?  Will 1 or 2 be enough?  Thanks!

Woohoo!
  • Options
    You know what, raising the driver side will only help drain the residual water in the drain pipe coming off the T.  To get as much as possible out of the tank, go nose down.  Here is a picture provided by Scott.  The fresh water fill comes off the side of the tank facing forward.  To fill the tank as much as possible, go nose up.

• Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM   Have already done nose up & nose down several times— monitor is still reading 13%, so nose down doesn’t get it all out apparently.  I’m going to try driving up on blocks & see if I get any more out.  Surely I’m not the only person having this issue?
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Let us know the outcome.  
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    It doesn't fully drain for me either, at least that's what Sea level tells me. What works for me is: Before I start on the way home I open the FW drain valve, the air rushing past the FW drain during the drive sucks out whatever is lef in the tank, when I get home the SeaLevel shows 0
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    @webers3 Thank you for the info---I have done that as well to drain the tank on the way home and mine will also read 0% by the time I get home, but if sanitizing the tank prior to use for the camping season, it won't drain fully on the driveway.  So I guess I'll have to mess around with raising the drivers side.  It really should not be this difficult to drain the FW tank.
    Woohoo!