Options

Curt Echo wireless brake controller

aprille4aprille4 Member Posts: 15
Does anyone use the Curt Echo brake controller or any other wireless brake controller,  Have a newer car and don't want to use a wired one.  The Curt Echo looks and sounds great but does it work well??

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @aprille4, I have the tekonsha prodigy RF controller. I would not have anything else. Love, love, love it. There have been multiple threads here on both Curt and Prodigy controllers here. You can find them by using the search feature in the upper right area of the screen. Type in a key word like Curt or Prodigy and search what's been discussed.

All I can tell you is after our TV was totalled just a couple of weeks before leaving on a scheduled 2 month trip, so we found a replacement TV in a week. We just took the controller out of the glove compartment and plugged it into the 12v port (cigarette lighter)of the replacement vehicle and it was immediately connected. Our trip was salvaged, albeit a bit abbreviated. 

Do your research, purchase what you think will work for you and enjoy many great camping adventures. Happy t@bbing. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Finn12Finn12 Member Posts: 22
    I just bought the Curt Echo.   I’ve only used it once on a 25 mile test drive.    Seems to work great.   I just bought a brand new car and my trailer dealer didn’t want mess with any wiring and recommended something wireless.   I like how small the unit is and that I don’t have anything permanently mounted in the car.   When done, it fits easily in my glove compartment.  I want to fine tune the sensitivity a little more but couldn’t on my test drive (had to concentrate on downtown Seattle traffic!)
    2017 T@B CS-S Max White with Plum Metallic towed by 2019 BMW X3
  • Options
    aprille4aprille4 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks so much for your replies.
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    Love my Tekonsha Prodigy RF.  Love not drilling any holes in my wife’s new car even more. Others do feel differently (lots of other discussions already if you do a search), but I really like the RF approach. Not familiar with the Curt, but should be similar experience.  
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.