Options

Touch-Up Paint

sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
edited April 2015 in Tips & Tricks

Have a silver metallic Outback with some chips in the paint and trying to match the color. Has anyone matched the silver  with an automotive color? Could do it, trial & error, but that gets expensive.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You might want to call the factory and ask them as they should have a color scheme or recommendation therein.   Either that or hook up your trailer, drive up to the local auto parts store or even a car dealer and see if they can help you match it up.  I know that O'Reilly's has a wide assortment of pen style touch up paints and they are always willing to help out.  AutoZone employees will even come out in the parking lot and check things out.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options

I did email the factory and they haven't responded yet. Decided to take a chance and buy what-ever looked like a match.

I would recommend that the factory post the manufacturer's name of the prefinished aluminum skin and then they can be contacted for the colors.

• Options
    If anyone is interested, for the silver metallic color, Dupli-Color, 1C8, Lunar Mist (M), ATY 1602 is a fair match.