Options

Electric Brake Controller--Specific Brand Question

moniraqmoniraq Member Posts: 46
edited April 2015 in Trailer & Towing
Hello All,

I have a 2014 LG T@B Max "Q" and my TV is a 2013 Volvo XC60.

When I purchased my Volvo, I had a very difficult time finding someone who could install my EBC. Volvo wouldn't do it (I suppose because it was an after-market item) and other places weren't familiar with how to install it on a Volvo. Anyway, long story short, I finally found someone at a U-Haul that installed it for me. It wasn't pretty but it worked just fine.

The other day, I noticed one of the wires was dangling so I took it back to the U-Haul and the same guy re-connected the wire. I drove my Volvo home and a little while later, noticed some lag and some clicking noises when I turned the steering wheel while my foot was on the brake pedal, then the connection on the EBC disappeared.

I know this is a long story, not entirely T@B related but I'm thinking about removing the EBC currently in place because I'm afraid this might happen again while towing my T@B, so here's my question, has anyone ever used the Tekonsha Prodigy RF EBC? It's a wireless electric brake controller that works with the existing connection outside the trailer so there's no need to splice wires inside.

Any reviews or advice would be much appreciated. (I have cross-posted this on the Yahoo Group and the T@B page on FB.)
Monica (aka GlobeDiva)
2014 T@b Max "Q"
TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC60 T5

Comments