Options

A/C in 2018 320s Outback

jhansardjhansard Member Posts: 9
We’re on a cross country trip, doing mostly Boondocking  (dry camping.). We’re from WA state so don’t use the A/C much.  The other night we were in the Natchez MS area & had power.  Turned the A/C on and ended up with water on the bed & cushions.  Very hot & high humidity!  Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited May 2019
    The drain tube for the AC pan is toward the front of the trailer...depending on your model, it may be towards either the driver (outside wall) or passenger (cabin) side. You’ll want to level the trailer, then move it very slightly nose down so it can drain properly. It’s also best to keep the overhead fan open a bit and running.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I nose down 1-2 degrees. I use my iPhone as a level; it provides degrees, rather then the old fashioned bubble level that is just that...a bubble level.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2019
    Don't know what type a/c you have, but had a similar problem with the a/c in my 2014 T@G.  A/C ran but never drained water from the drain tube...I mean never.  I did get cold, but damp air in the T@G cabin...clammy.  VERY long story short, the condensation was collecting in the bottom of the a/c itself, and before it got high enough to flow out the drain hole in the bottom pan of the a/c unit (and then run into the drain pan under the a/c and eventually out the drain tube under the trailer) it actually got so high that the bottom of the fan in the back of the a/c unit was in water.  The fan then picked up the water and sprayed it on the cool coils on the front of the a/c, with damp cold air and an ocassional "spritz" of water going into the cabin.  I removed the a/c and drilled some holes in bottom where the water was collecting so it would drain into the metal drain pan under the a/c and out the drain line.  Now I get dry cold air and lots of condensation from the drain hose.  With all that said, hopefully a tilt here or an unplugged drain line there is all you need.  Good luck.
  • Options
    jhansardjhansard Member Posts: 9