Options

Tips for selling used trailer

borkieborkie Member Posts: 7
Hi all. We are trying to sell our 2018 T@B 400 and would love any tips on how to sell it. We have it listed here, on RV Trader and on Craigslist. What is the best way to determine a fair price- the current price is based on NADA average retail price. Also what is the best location to sell? The trailer is currently in New Hampshire, but we could drive it out west in July if there is a bigger market there. If you've sold a used trailer, any advice would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @borkie  my tips are:  Start your caption in the ad with Year, make, price, and city & state---If you put that information upfront it will save you a lot of people asking you for the same info over and over.  Also saves people that are looking for a trailer a lot of time when they can see at a glance this important info and whether they would consider traveling to purchase a trailer!  Also lots of GOOD pics.  Include more detail in the description re: condition, extras, how old are the tires, bearing packed when?, and other maintenance info & and known issues or items that don't work, if any--be honest & upfront.  That's my 2cents
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    I can give you some info based on having just purchased a "used" 2019 T@B 400 BDL in Portland OR.  It was purchased in January and never used.  No propane or water ever added.  Was still winterized from the dealer.

We were paying cash and the seller seemed interested in getting the deal done.  We paid about $6K less than what we would have paid new from the dealer, but I think they could have gotten a little more.  

I have seen some other 2018 T@B 400s, both used and new on the dealer's lot, priced in that $4K to $6K less than new range.  

Hope that helps a little. 

2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @borkie, if you are serious about potential delivery out west, you should mention that in your title.  Since there have been changes since it first came out, you may like to specify what kind of battery, refrigerator, ac and Alde, etc that are specific to the model.  Are you including anything extra like a cover, awning, sewer equipment, water hoses, etc.  Do you have solar?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thank you all for your tips- this is very helpful!
  • Options
    idletabidletab Member Posts: 57
    What's making you sell, borkie
  • Options
    Hi Idletab. We absolutely love this trailer and had a great time using it for an extended roadtrip last fall. But looking forward, we will be mostly traveling abroad during our vacations. We don't do much camping in New England, so we won't get to use it in the future. 
  • Options
    idletabidletab Member Posts: 57
    That's cool borkie. Thanks for sharing and safe travels.