Options

Forum is broken on Android tablet

ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
edited April 2015 in Help - Computer & System
Mike and Verna,

The forum is suddenly crippled on my tablet. I have to go into "Desktop Mode" to view any pages. 

Happens with both Dolphin and Chrome browsers.

It seems that someone has wrapped the forum pages in www.tab-tv.com header and footer.

All thats happening now is a continual bouncing back and forth from the tab-rv.vanillaforums.com page to the header and footer (only the header and footer show) of the tab-rv.com wrapper.

Worked great before. Why 'fix' what ain't broke?  :-)
Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
2014 S Maxx
2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Funky on the iPad also - The header/footer load and then the forum loads and reloads and reloads and reloads - Has always worked just fine on the iPad in the past. Switched over to my Mac and all is well there.
  • Options
    geromogeromo Member Posts: 33
    same here--though it was something i did!!!!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    is anyone still having any issues?   If so I will turn in a support ticket this evening.

Thanks
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Mike, I was just sending you a text.  I get the same "flashing, back and forth" between full site and mobile site".
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've logged on and off in succession and am posting this with my iPhone.  No problems here and both forums appear to be stable at this point in time.
  • Options
    Mike, try it again.  One time it's fine, clear your last session on the iPhone, and this time it's going between the two website addresses.  It's interesting.  I think I'll use the laptop tonight.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Still broken for me - seems to be in a perpetual loop on the iPad but works fine on both my Mac and the iPhone.
    It's like it can't decide if a tablet is mobile or not so doesn't know what to serve, switches back-n-forth. With Mac it knows (full) and iPhone (small) but's getting confused on the in between size. Not specific to iDevices/Safari since it's affecting ChanW's android tablet also.
    Wonder what they changed.
  • Options
    Yep, still goofy here too.

Best I can do is my previous description.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Verna - Can you clear sessions on mobile? Or do you mean quit the app and try again.
  • Options

PXLated,, yes, you can clear all sessions on your iPhone.  Double click on the round button on the bottom front of the phone.  This gives you smaller versions of everything running in the background.  Gently swipe one of the screens toward the top of the phone.  Once it is gone, do the next one. 

The first time I did it, it took me 5 minutes to clear everything out.  My battery lasts longer, and it is faster.  Just like speeding up a computer, since the iPhone is small computer. 

The other way to clear everything is to turn off the iPhone.  But that takes so long.  This is quick, if you keep up with it.

If you quit the app and try again, you're just getting the same session you left.  This way you're getting a total refresh.

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - That's not the same as "clearing sessions" in a browser like you can on the desktop. You don't have to quit the browser on a desktop to clear things out.

Quitting those apps running in the background also frees up memory.
  • Options
    Any issues this morning folks?  
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi Mike, yes same problem.

I tried clearing the cache with no joy.

Turning off JavaScript stops the reloading, but enabling it again screws things up again.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    DEHDEH Member Posts: 26
    Michigan_Mike, still having the problem on my iPad this AM.  Works fine on the laptop though.  Appears to be the smaller device version with the issue.  Unusable on anything except the computer size.
  • Options
    No problems here on my iPhone on both forums in a flash!  I will report it to Vanilla.
  • Options

Well, Mike FINALLY experienced what we're experiencing, so he can see it first hand.  It has been reported to Vanilla. Patience, dear friends, patience.  If not, then come on over and help me cut my grass that looks like a wheat field after all of the rain.....and fertilizer ;)

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Goats Verna - Hire some goats and it will be back to short in no time.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Verna - be right there B)  but in the meantime just so you and Mike know, even on my desktop I'm being routed to the T@B forum page (with pictures at the top) plus I have to re-sign in even though the "remember me" button is clicked. I see most were experiencing issues on iPads and such so wanted you to know it's also on a pc desktop. Thanks!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    What browser mickietucs?
    On my Mac, Chrome retains the login but Safari won't - always been that way though - long time issue.
  • Options

Mike's having "things" checked out.  Seeing the T@B cover page isn't all that bad, but the signing in part isn't good.   

Seriously, get rid of your cookies because I'm not having to sign in every time.  On your iPad's and iPhones, get rid of your "running in the background" previous logins to T@B and LG.  That will start you fresh. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Vanilla is looking at it now and some changes will be made to hopefully repair the site....  Patience grasshopper!  LOL
  • Options
    Thanks Mike.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Let me know if your mobile devices are functioning okay now or if any of you are still experiencing any issues.  Vanilla and Little Guy's web development team are aware of the problems and hopefully the issues have been resolved as I've heard nothing back from anyone....  Thank you!
  • Options
    Mike - The forum loads but then the whole page reloads so I don't think it's a Vanilla problem - more than likely (I suspect) a website problem. Vanilla is just loading in between the page header/footer and would be fine if all of a sudden the page itself didn't reload/recycle.
  • Options
    Same thing.  You open the T@b website page, click on forum, The forum text appears, then the picture header for  the T@B website appears and  blanks out the forum, then the text for the forum flickers on and off the screen, trading view with the picture from the website of the line of T@bs. The top photo stays in place so only the bottom is flickering.  Impossible to read  the forum on an iPad. :(
  • Options
    I haven't gotten the "additional reload" syndrome here, nor has that happened.  I can report your findings, but find it strange that I wouldn't be experiencing something similar on my end.  Only once did I experience an issue (this morning) and from that point on things seem to be running smoothly and as they have in the past....  Go figure?  
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm doing a software update on the iPad and then I'm going to clear the history.  Maybe its retaining something from earlier.  I'll let you know. --- cleared all website data, deleted the bookmark and went the the website and the same flashing of the forum vs picture continues.  It looks like the page just keeps reloading over and over.  And only this site. I've not had this problem w/ any other content on the iPad.  Odd.  Maybe it's my at&t provider.  Maybe it will go away.....

• Options
    Good point and that's what I did....  Cleaned out my old cookies, rebooted, etc.
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Did a clear history, then  reset on my Ipad...no luck
  • Options
    BentrBentr Member Posts: 58

On my iPhone, everything was working fine until I clicked the 'full site' link at the bottom because I wanted to access the search feature that does not seem to be available in the mobile version. The full site experiences the constant reload issues on my phone that others are describing. To try and remedy, I just did the following:

- closed the forum tab that was open in Safari

- cleared my Safari browser history

- Ended the browser session altogether

- restarted the phone

Did all of this about a minute ago and nothing helps. Problem is happening on my phone as I type this and I can't see any way to get back to the functional mobile version of the Web site.

I then went and installed the Opera browser on my iPhone and went to the forum. Initially the forum showed up in the limited mobile version and worked great. However clicking on the 'Full Site' link at the bottom caused it to break in the same way as Safari.

Works fine on IE, Chrome, Firefox on Windows 8 PC for me.

Ben Trelease & Eleanor Bell - Seattle, WA - 2009 T@B Bell@luna TV Subaru Forester