Options

Forum is broken on Android tablet

2»

Comments

• Options
    DEHDEH Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2015
    Not fixed. Did everything I know and it still keeps reloading. I have no idea why it would be doing this.  I would find out when the last time they updated the website and start there, something was just changed in the last day or two.  Maybe a virus?

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Are you folks able to navigate Little Guy's main page okay and use the buttons and get around that side of the site?  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    T@b site (Little Guy)  itself is fine for me. using the iPad, it only becomes weird if you try to go to the Forum.
  • Options
    BentrBentr Member Posts: 58
    Main Little Guy site is fine for me. Mobile version of T@B forum is fine for me. Full Site version of T@B forum is still broken on my iPhone.
    Ben Trelease & Eleanor Bell - Seattle, WA - 2009 T@B Bell@luna TV Subaru Forester
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    To my way of thinking (and I used to write a lot of website code), It's got to be a problem with the overall website code that is sensing the device - there are several methods but one (most common) checks for a window size range and serves up whatever - That code seems to be looping, can't make up it's mind. Some dev changed something and I'm betting it's whomever manages the overall Little Guy site, not Vanilla. It's always appeared to me that Vanilla's just called up and inserted after the website header/footer load so I can't imagine it being the problem.
  • Options
    I sent another note to Vanilla and linked to your comments here, so that should help them out....  Thanks for taking the time to test and report back on this!  
  • Options
    For those of you having issues, what types of devices are you using?  
  • Options
    BentrBentr Member Posts: 58

Looks like the headers have been removed. The site now works fine for me on iPhone 6 and iPad (older model).

Ben Trelease & Eleanor Bell - Seattle, WA - 2009 T@B Bell@luna TV Subaru Forester
  • Options
    I am no longer having the reload problem I was having earlier today.  I have an iPad mini 3.  All better now. But also, the website no longer appears at the top of my display when I pick the forum off the website.  I only see the forum text.  That is different.  And it works.
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
  • Options
    Yep - Without the headers it's working fine on my iPad.
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    All fixed now :)
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Mike,

Yes, works fine now.

It looked like they were trying to wrap the Tab-RV.com header and footer around the vanilla pages. The resulting pages, when they were able to be viewed on a desktop system anyway, in the address bar showed that the vanillaforums.com had redirected to the Tab-RV.com.

It screwed up my browser in another way. I normally can open a thread and it will automatically bring up the next unread message for me. The messed up pages brought up the header every time, and I'd have to scroll down to find the messages I hadn't read yet.

HTH.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Okay, I'm glad things have calmed down and I can rest now....   :o

You guys were helpful and I'm sure that Vanilla was able to sort it out and make thins right.  =) 

This is the link I have at the top of my browser as it makes the site look like a typed page and I like this particular format:   http://www.tab-rv.com/forum
  • Options
    Mike - I like the forum without the header/footer. If LG requires them back, maybe just something smaller.
  • Options
    I think that Vanilla had to use their link to calm things down.  Actually Little Guy's web developer doesn't have any hands on with either forum, they maintain the site and Vanilla runs independent of them.  As I think you noted earlier, the forum is more or less sandwiched and linked into their system.  I'm guessing their is a glitch in the code somewhere that created the problem and Vanilla's techies are going to have to ferret it out.