Options

Tongue Height

4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
New to me TV! My previous TV could use my 4” drop ball hitch. I’m thinking I only need 2” now. Wadda think? Pick is with partially loaded and no bikes on the back...2” up on the tongue?( disregard my basketball hoop- I was practicing my slam dunks!)
TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
2018 320S Outback

Comments

• Options
    DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    edited June 2019
    @4ncar I have a 2016 Colorado Z71  (so the offroad package with a bit more lift than standard) Mine's a v6 though with towing package.

Anyway, the dealer put a 2" drop on my trailer.. a slightly long one just so that I could drop the truck tailgate and not have it hit the trailer jack (though it is a TIGHT fit.. it doesn't hit)

I hope that helps

EDIT: oh yeah, and a 2019 230S Boondock Edge .. so you can see what apples to apples vs oranges are there

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    @4ncar I have a 2016 Colorado Z71  (so the offroad package with a bit more lift than standard) Mine's a v6 though with towing package.

Anyway, the dealer put a 2" drop on my trailer.. a slightly long one just so that I could drop the truck tailgate and not have it hit the trailer jack (though it is a TIGHT fit.. it doesn't hit)

I hope that helps

EDIT: oh yeah, and a 2019 230S Boondock Edge .. so you can see what apples to apples vs oranges are there

The Colorado WT, LT, and Z71 all have the same ride height.  Only the ZR2 gets a 2" lift. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    @rkj__ Thanks for the info.. I had thought the Z71 had some lift.. Good to know.
    ~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

• Options
    edited June 2019
    So the operative question is, do you think my ride height could come up 2 inches? As pictured I’m using my 4” drop....I’m thinking yes, but wanted to get a consensus.
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    I think you should get a better photo that is taken at 90° from the front of the trailer (between trailer & truck) and on level ground with level camera & preferably the least wide-angle lens available (for normal perspective).

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    I BELIEVE that general trailer towing wisdom is that if you have to choose between the front of the trailer pitching down or up, pitch down.. but I also believe that on a Colorado Z71 or Wt or LT (thanks @rkj__ ) a 2" should suffice.
    ~Tananda

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    3.25" looks to be a commonly available drop as well.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    if you vehicle is brand new..   the suspension will settle a .25 inch or so after a little while- some a bit less. 
  • Options
    Ok...conclusion: 2” drop is what the Colorado wants. Unless I put 500lbs of sand in the bed, the trailer is level.
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    TabneroTabnero Member Posts: 221
    Our z71, 4wd needed 4 inch drop