Looks like I need to Replace the Black tank knife valve

It seems the flange that the black tank knife valve is attached to has a crack.  So I believe that flange is glued to the 90 degree elbow and that elbow is attached to the tank.  Has anyone replaced all of that?  Just wondering how much of a problem is will be connecting the elbow back up to the tank.

Thanks.

Comments

• gspdxgspdx Posts: 37Member
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Posts: 1,767Member
    edited June 12
    That flange is glued to the 90* elbow and is impossible to separate. It can be cut off and the elbow rebored with a special 3” cutting tool. First I would buy a can of ABS cement. Clean the surface with sand paper and steel wool. Then apply a liberal coat of the cement. That will usually take care of most cracks.

This is is the tool needed to save the elbow.

PlumBest J44300 J44-300 3" PVC Socket Saver, 3-Inch 
    PlumBest
    $15.50
    1. Hash  [email protected] Fun
    Nice.  Didn't realize they made something like that.  I was thinking about replacing all the way to the tank.  

I have abs cement.  Will try that first.  Maybe remove the knife valve and coat on the inside too?
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Posts: 1,767Member
    Igspdx said:
    Nice.  Didn't realize they made something like that.  I was thinking about replacing all the way to the tank.  

I have abs cement.  Will try that first.  Maybe remove the knife valve and coat on the inside too?
    If it is threaded into the tank know problem if it is glued in not so good. Let us know what you find. My guess is that it is threaded.
    1. Hash  [email protected] Fun
  • ChanWChanW Posts: 2,241Member
    Is it not under warranty?
    Chan       --         Buffalo NY (Beau Fleuve)
    2014 'S' Maxx - 2011 Tacoma 4cyl Access Cab
    I actually bought this used.
    Igspdx said:

If it is threaded into the tank know problem if it is glued in not so good. Let us know what you find. My guess is that it is threaded.
    I called Nucamp today and they had me email the repair guy with some photos.  Will let you know what he says.  Might take a few days as they are having their annual gathering this week.