Options

A simple solution to covering the gap between the front tub and trailer

We just upgraded to two 6V batteries in our 2017 TAB CSS.   Quite a tight fit in the standard tub so the usual battery box was not possible.   That led to worrying about keeping water and debris out of the area.   We wanted a solution that did not involve drilling into the trailer.    Here’s what we came up with, all for under $5.

Its a 4” wide piece of garage door weatherstripping.   Drilled holes into the back lip of the tub top and attached with small bolts.  It bends easily when opening the tub.   We haven’t taken a trip yet so I hope it handles the road wind.   May tuck it in while driving.”””

2017 T@B CS-S Max White with Plum Metallic towed by 2019 BMW X3

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Cool solution. (I'm still amazed that you were able to fit those batteries in there!)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Finn12Finn12 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks Chan!  My dealer did the battery upgrade.   At first they said no way but then I showed them a few pictures off this forum and they made it work.   Was it you that did the mod that drilled into the trailer for the flap?   Kudos for that.  We were too afraid to drill.
    2017 T@B CS-S Max White with Plum Metallic towed by 2019 BMW X3
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    What a good idea!  Our tub is pulled forward due to a large battery and there is a big gap.  May have to try this!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio