Options

Rally groups

We are considering replacing our 11 yr. old Aliner Sport with a T@B. Though there are many advantages to the T@b, the Aliner had an active club with regional and local rallies. Is this the case for the T@bs?

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Yes! The big one is the Little Guy sponsored, Heartsick and there are also a number of regional rallies as well as an active Yahoo group, and a couple of FB groups.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Sorry, on a touch device and can't edit. Heartsick should read "Tearstock."

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    There is a Midwest T@B group on Facebook.  They have a couple of rallies coming up. Also, there is a coastal caravan in October. I can't remember how I found out about that one, probably on Facebook. There is one in the Smokies coming up, again, I'm not sure how you register for these. But, if you join the Facebook groups you will probably hear about them. I seriously consider an Aframe, but we have a T@B on order. One month in, three to go!
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    vctdrpvctdrp Member Posts: 14

Anyone can host a rally.  There is the annual BRR.  Little Guy also has an annual rally.  You can join some of the teardrop groups/rallies.  Individuals also have rallies.  We live in DE and have hosted small rallies each year.  My husband Tom and I (Vickie) are hosting an "un-rally" this spring/2016.  It's in the Events listings.  It will be at Jekyll Island Campground in GA.  The details are in the rally information.  Feel free to come to the rally in your A-Liner.  Happy Camping!  Vickie

2009 T@B  Newark, DE

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Hello VCTDRP. BRR? Please spell that out for me and for others who may know what that stands for. Thanks!  Also, what do you mean by "un-rally"? I have been to, and really like the Jekyll Island CG, but doubt I can get there again next March, as we have a Southern California get-together scheduled the week before.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    vctdrpvctdrp Member Posts: 14

Hi,

BRR/Blue Ridge Rally

And, an "un-rally" is a gathering with not so many PLANNED events (or NO planned events depending who is hosting).  Many of the rallies have something(s) planned for every day.  When I host an un-rally, I usually  have a pot luck, a group outing and some campfires at our site.  All optional, of course.  I just ordered Bingo supplies so we hope to have a Bingo Night for our "un-rally" at Jekyll Island in the spring.  I often do a "welcome bag" or some type of "favor".  But, I like to keep my gatherings small so I block off a small number of sites.  We own a T@B but you don't have to have a T@B to attend.