Another Alde Question

Finally spring has sprung up here in the north country and I have de-winterized my new T@B, which is a 2015 S M@x.   Everything seems to be in working order with the heating system but I do have a couple of questions for those of you who are familiar with the 2015 Alde configuration.   There is a valve on a short line between the hot and cold water lines.   Right now it is closed.    What is that valve for and should it remain closed during summer camping season?

Also, what is the yellow valve for, which is on a cold water line, just before it enters the Alde unit?   It is different than the other gray valves.    Right now it is in the down position.   What does opening it up do?   How should this valve be positioned for normal operations?

I realize that there have been slight changes to this heating system over the last few years but I'm hoping someone can shed light on these issues for me.
2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
States Visited Map

Comments

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,159
    Norm, I can't really help because mine is a 2014, but there was an earlier thread about the newer Alde, and the valves. It was discussing winterizing and how to isolate the boiler from the antifreeze in the plumbing lines. There were pictures too.

Do a search for winterizing the Alde, either here or in the Yahoo group.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Sounds just like ours. Yellow valve is noted in the Alde manual as the boiler drain and safety valve. Lever down is closed. Lever up drains the boiler for winter.
    The short line between hot and cold is the by- pass, for draining and adding antifreeze in the lines but bypassing the boiler. Keep this valve closed during hot water operation.

• DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    edited April 2015
    Ditto to Sabel's comments...same as ours.  And if you open the bypass to put pink stuff in and still be able to use the heater...don't forget to close it when you dewinterize...like I did!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Thanks, you guys are helpful and to the point.   
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map