2017 Outback w/2016 Kia Sorento Vehicle

Naenae63Naenae63 Member Posts: 2
Has anyone towed a Tab Outback with a Sorento (V6)?  What type of hitch/towing package did you use?

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Welcome to the forum.
    Have you noticed the forum search feature, input box is just below your login name.
    Here's one thread you might find helpful:
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • GibWGibW Member Posts: 95
    We’ve towed with both a 2015 Subaru Outback 4 cylinder 2.5i and a 2018 Kia Sorento V-6 AWD. We towed for one year with the Subaru and while it did the job, it was really working hard. We noticed this especially on a trip through the Canadian Rockies. Plus the 200 lb tongue weight limit on the Subaru meant that we were up against its upper limits for towing. In avoidance situations or over big bumps it felt like the tail was wagging the dog and we didn't have the control we should. We got the Kia as our move-up tow vehicle and it has worked out very well. Our 2018 has a 5,000 lb tow capacity and a 350 lb tongue weight limit. We can get 18 mpg towing but average more like 16. The Kia is a very comfortable car with great handling and good power. We had aftermarket hitches and electronic brake controllers put on both cars by a reputable hitch shop.
    2017 T@B Max-S, silver & silver, towed by a Titanium Silver 2018 Kia Sorento AWD V-6, Twin Cities MN
  • Naenae63Naenae63 Member Posts: 2
    I am being told by my Kia dealer that Kia doesn’t offer a 7 pin hitch so they will need to do extra wiring, etc to make it work.  Was this your case also?
  • CalamityJanieCalamityJanie Member Posts: 11
    Following! I am thinking of buying a Kia to tow the T@b in my future. So most T@bs have 7-pin hitches???
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    All TaBs use a 7-pin harness that connects to the 7 pin harness on the tow vehicle.  You will need a class 3 hitch with a 2 inch receiver and a 2 inch ball.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • CalamityJanieCalamityJanie Member Posts: 11
    I wonder what other tow vehicles would come already prepared for a 7-pin so I wouldnt have to have it modified. Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander were my next two choices. Anyone have any experiences with those?
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Search on Honda Pilot, and Toyota Highlander-there are many forum members who drive them. I love our 4RUNNER.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I love my Jeep Cherokee 3.2L with the factory tow package.   Tow rated at 4500 pounds.............a good value and perfectly matched for our T@B 320.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map