Porta Potty Doesn't Fit

2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
So we have our new yellow T@B and have discovered our first problem.  The brochures show the porta potty being stored in the lowest cabinet under the sink.  Ours does not.  The porta potty measures 13x14 and the width between the pipes is 12.5 inches.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What were your solutions?  Do you think this was just a case of misplacing the pipes?  Should we go back to the dealer and see if they can move the pipes a bit?  Is that just asking for trouble?
thanks for any input.

2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max

Comments

• 2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
    Sorry, trying to do the photos correctly.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Your first stop should be at your dealer.  Ask them to show you how to get it into the cabinet.  If they can't do it, let them contact the Pleasant Valley factory for a solution.  If, after getting that answer, you're not satisfied with the answer, then you should contact the factory yourself, but please follow the "chain of command" to let the dealer have the first chance to cement a good relationship with you.  (The phone numbers for the factory are at the right under Contact Numbers if you need them.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Thank you Verna!  Good advice and I'll take it.  I didn't know if I was just being a winer.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Not  great pictures but our 2014 Q has only the black sink drain pipe in that cupboard and the port a - potty fits fine.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    2canoe,  My 2015 L- Maxx  has the same pipe in cabinet.  That is the fill tube to  the  11 gal water tank.   I guess early pic of tabs still only have one pipe. with the  smaller  6 gal. tank mtg inside.. I wish my porti  fit in there too.   I'm working on something to fix it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Manny..  2015 L-Maxx   TV 2008 ridgeline
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    Manny--I was beginning to suspect there had been changes between the photo we saw and what we have in the 2015.  Thanks for explaining it. 
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • justwoodjustwood Member Posts: 13
    I just picked up my 2015 T@B U Max and had the same issue.  Lucky I caught it at the dealer before I drove off the lot.  I had them inset a coupler to the cold water line which in turn extended the cold water line further back into the cavity allowing for the Porta Potty to fit perfectly.  I believe the issue is caused by the cold water line being cut to short at the factory.  I'd show a picture but the T@B is in storage at the moment.
  • DABWCADABWCA Member Posts: 70
    Justwood -- Can you describe what you mean by a coupler and post a photo of the modification done by your dealer. I haven't picked up my 2015 T@B yet but did notice when I stopped in to take a look that the Porta Potty was not shipped inside the cabinet as used to be common. I'm guessing that lots of folks without S models are now running into the storage problem.
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
    2015 T@B-L "Silver Dr@ggin" towed by 2015 Kia Sorento V6 "Don Poulan"
    Yes, Justwood.  When you have a chance please send pictures. We have three different pipes running in that area.  For now we have decided we only need the porta potty for overnight.  So we will stow it in the TV and bring it in at night or getting his and hers urinals will be the way to go.  (No pun intended.)
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
    I'll have to get a picture/video this weekend as I don't store my T@B at home. 
    Sorry this took so long.  You can see the coupler on the right hand side of the photo which extends the elbow back just far enough so I can fit the porta potty and close the cabinet door.
    Ours "look" similar but the pipes must have been placed by a different person.  We miss being able to get ours in between the black pipe and the white pipe by about a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.  Thanks for the picture.  Good to know ours isn't a one of a kind plumbing set up.  We may or may not fuss with getting the PP into that space.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    2canoe   I justed  cked my cabinet again  and found my PP will fit in between the pipes . I have to move the blue line back a little.  Then I think it will fit..      M@nny..  2015 L-max   TV  2008 Ridgeline                 
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • MelindaMelinda Member Posts: 2
    Storage space is such a premium in the T@b a little more careful placement of plumbing could free up a lot of space.  I'm thinking of rerouting a lot of pipes.