Options

Greetings from Hudson Valley NY

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
edited July 2019 in Introductions
Edited my original post for updates.  Proud new owner of T@B 320-S Boondock 2020.  Got the solar panel option, a backup camera, upgraded the fan (thanks to this forum recommending that one, it's a game changer), got my WeBoost so I can still work from the road on longer trips, purchased a Honda EU2200i generator.  I think I've got the basis covered.   I had actually purchased the T@B 400, drove it, the dealer (Beckley's Camping Center, Paul Chamberlain who I cannot say enough nice things about) even let me spend the night in it hooked up at his lot.  I was just not 100% there that it was the right one.  I listened to my gut and changed my mind.  I thought that was going to be a very uncomfortable conversation but Paul totally got it, and is about a nice a person you will ever meet (I mean....we've all seen his videos) and helped me find the "right" camper for me.  No pressure at all and boy, does he know his stuff.  Then he spent an entire day with me teaching me about the camper and gave me his cell phone to call with any questions or issues.  And I did, late at night no less. Paul picked right up and helped me navigate my issue.  Not only that, he has put together a big thick binder for his customers that covers absolutely everything about the T@B and goes over everything with you.  I don't know if that's how all dealers operate but I was blown away impressed.  I've never in my life met a salesperson like Paul.  Anyway back to the camper....the space on the 400 is great, it was just more than I needed and, since I'm a solo traveler, the 320 was a better fit for me.  Got the Walker tent for some added space for longer trips.  The 320 is just so easy to tow, I can see myself doing more spur of the moment, spontaneous trips and the Boondock package opens up more location choices.  So the 400 can be my next camper when I have more time to spend it in although by that time, I may be ready for the Avia or whatever other amazing camper NuCamp comes up with by then. 

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @Missstsomewhere
    You CAN do this.  Just take it easy, drive slowly (60 mph is good) and enjoy the scenery along the way.  Make frequent stops.  The rest stops on most Interstates are easy on, easy off, with easy parking.  As for backing just go slowly and ignore all the folks who will pop up to tell you how to do it.  Move a few feet, get out and survey your progress, then move a few more feet.  Don't be embarrassed to pull out and try again.  The TABs are rather short coupled units so they react quickly to steering inputs.  My first time backing a trailer I pulled out and went around the block a few times until I had the trailer lined up.  You'll soon find it is almost second nature.
    BTW, there is a lot of info on YouTube and other internet sites.  Just have some healthy skepticism about, and apply logical thinking to, anything you read on the internet.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Missstsomewhere, you go for it, girl! Although not single, (husband and 2 boys), I have towed our t@b (320) virtually every mile of the 30,000+ miles it has traveled through 35 states. My husband does back up into parking/camping spaces for me as I have visual limitations (blind in the right eye and so nearsighted in the other that without glasses I qualify for a dog and a cane). Even so, I can solo. You only do live once, you should, at the very least, persue your dreams. Luck and life to you! - Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Wow. Thank you for the encouragement! Exactly what I needed.  I'm getting too much, "you're doing WHAT??" "Have you really thought this through?" from friends and family who are looking at me like I'm nuts.  I work for a large software company and am really looking forward to being able to travel and work. They think this is what you do only after you retire. Nope, I want to get out there now!
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    You are going to love the 400. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    Single woman (50s) never towed anything before my 320 CS-S. It took some time to get comfortable with it, but after a while I feel totally confident. My teenage son taught me how to back it up which is in tiny increments. Back then forward then back then forward making slight adjustments until it's where you want it. You will get frustrated, but I think the best advice is to just assume it's all going to take more time than you think and it'll be fine. ENJOY!
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts