Options

T@B Newbie Questions

CampinladyCampinlady Member Posts: 5
I am woking to make my little 2007 T@B a comfy on the road home. I want to attach a magazine rack to the wall just inside the door on the right side. This means I have to screw into the exterior wall. Has anyone tried this? Will the screws hold? is it safe to puncture the wall from the inside? I am concerned about using Velcro as it may just pull the covering off the wall when the magazines are loaded in.  Also, there are 4 snaps on the inside wall just next to the door. Does anyone know what these are for. I thought maybe for a screen, but the snaps are all on the same side. 

Any info would be helpful!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'd look at mounting the mag rack using something from the 3M Command Strips product line. They're easily removed with no damage to the wall.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2015
    There isn't much to the walls' construction - mostly foam. It'd be tricky finding a framing member of any kind to support magazines.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Check out the Command Strip velcro-style picture hanging strips. Haven't used those myself but use several other strips/hangers and amazed at how much weight the bigger ones can hold. Haven't had to use a screw anywhere yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Might be too much weight when traveling but the strips holding ability always amaze me. If the picture hangers don't hold I'm betting a couple of hooks would. I have one big hook in the shower that holds a canvas bag with all my cleaning supplies (including a vac) and it's never let loose - going on seven months.
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    Campinlady, a lot of good suggestions, but to answer your question about the 4 snaps, they are for a screen door that T@B use to use before going to the accordion type they use now. The screen door had a wire frame and it just snapped in place with fabric "hinges".
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    DaveincazDaveincaz Member Posts: 14
    Hi, have recently purchased our  used 2013 T@b QuickStart Maxx and trying to get it set up with cookware and other necessities before the first trip. Wondered, do folks have their packing list that they might be willing to share listing all those items they want to make sure they have ur paper towels, matches, corkscrew, pot and pan, etc etc? I see there is a capability to attach a file which might be an easy way to share PACKING LISTS.

Thanks, Dave in Central New York
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    Daveincaz - This is a great, comprehensive camping checklist.
    http://www.rvcampingchecklist.com/
    Here is a page that compiles many checklists
    http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.com/2007/09/checklists_rv_checklist.php
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
    PXLated said:
    Check out the Command Strip velcro-style picture hanging strips. Haven't used those myself but use several other strips/hangers and amazed at how much weight the bigger ones can hold. Haven't had to use a screw anywhere yet.
    I tried using the picture hanging strips to mount my paper towel holder over the door.  It came off while traveling.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • Options
    :-(
    Probably too much weight sticking out too far for that kind of strip.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I installed industrial strength Velcro underneath the front cabinets for my paper towel holder, and it has held up well for 3,000 miles of travel.  It is mounted directly over the sink.  I used a light-weight plastic holder to minimize weight.
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Lesley_and_IanLesley_and_Ian Member Posts: 66
    This is a really late response to your post (over a year).  We just purchased a 2007 T@B with its original screen door and, yes, the snaps are to fit the door on and they are all on one side to act as a hinge.  I added some velcro to fasten it on the other side.