Sante Fe and Pagosa Springs Suggestions?

wooperwooper Member Posts: 75
Looking at possibly traveling to Santa Fe and Pagosa Springs in September.  Any suggestions on spots to stay?  Prefer sites with electricity, but don't want to be between wall to wall giant RVs.  Any other suggestions in the northern New Mexico/Southern Colorado also appreciated. 
2017 T@B 320S, 2011 2WD Honda Pilot, Coming out of The Woodlands, TX....Mark & Carolyn

Comments

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Highly recommend Ghost Ranch. It has a small campground, part of the Georgia O'Keefe historic "education and retreat center" for artists and seekers. Her home and studio was there for a time. Beautiful landscapes, of course. You might need reservations in the summer months.

Also, Abuquiu Reservoir, nearby, has a COE campground. Not sure of the facilities at either of these though. You'd have to look it up.

It's an amazing area, where you can see how Georgia O'Keefe's colors and work were in no way exaggerated!

Up northeast of there a bit is Ojo Caliente Hot Springs. Very nice developed resort.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited July 2019
    Stayed in Lost Resort Campground south of Pagosa Springs (halfway between Chromo and Pagosa Springs) last September.  Very nice, except for cell reception. Owners put me in a leg with just a couple distant neighbors, right next to a stream... not near any big rigs.

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• reeddreedd Member Posts: 61
    Bruce Spruce Ranch east of Pagosa, on the west side of Wolf Creek Pass.  Easy access to the West Fork of the Piedra trailhead and Lobo Overlook and Alberta Peak trail at the top of the Pass.  Most sites have electric and water, but I don’t know about sewer.  September-October is a great time to camp there.  https://brucespruceranch.com/.  Easy drive back into Pagosa for the hot springs. 

Molas Lake (Big Molas) north of Durango, just about 5 miles or so south of Silverton.  No electricity but there is water at the office, along with pay showers.  http://molaslake.com/

I second Chan W's recommendation for Ghost Ranch.  Georgia O'keefe also had a house in Abiquiu that you can tour.  Really neat areas!
    Deb - 2017 T@B U-basic Outback silver/silver  D@mselfly  
    2001 Toyota Tacoma 4WD New Mexico
  • tabienolatabienola Member Posts: 19
    Ghost Ranch!!! Great horse ride, book in advance. Ojo Caliente Springs heading south into Santa Fe and Trailer Ranch in Santa Fe. Spring 2018 included Acoma Sky, Mesa Verde, Arches, back thru Cortez Co. (Benny's Dinner), Ghost Ranch, Santa Fe! 
    In Texas Palo Duro Canyon and Cap Rock like wise a spring trip. 
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Loved Ojo caliente. The campground is small and unique. Lots of trees. Loved that you could just walk to the spa from there. Their restaurant is really good and if you walk down the road you’ll see where they grow their vegetables. About 30 minutes from Santa Fe?
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)