Options

Tandem Trailering

Would like to travel with our T@B and a drift boat so we can camp and float some western rivers (or rivers anywhere for that matter).  Anyone have experience with tandem trailering?  I've never done it and wondering what kind of things I need to be aware of like:

• specific state laws on length/weight restrictions?
  • is it possible to add a receiver to a CS-S?
  • what is best 'sequence' for trailers (i.e. longer first then shorter or vice versa)?
  • anything else?

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I have done it with a motorhome jeep and jet skis. I was legal in some states but some states require the first trailer to be a fifth wheel. Your first hitch would have to support the load of both trailers. It may be possible but the cost of the needed mods probably make it  very impractical.
    f
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    Or pretty much anywhere else!  I know I wouldn't want to go tandem. Can't imagine how you would deal with getting into campgrounds.  But to each his own. Good luck with it.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I had a cousin with a fifth wheel pulling a boat - He did it once and said "never again". Guess he got in a couple of spots where he had to back up. Had to disconnect the boat, walk it out of the tight spot, then back the fifth wheel out - Not fun.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited May 2015
    I see all them tandem rigs down in Ohio and I normally pass by them quickly as it just makes me nervous.   

These people took the bull by the horns and aren't playing around!   =)

THIS is insane below!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
     :o
    :open_mouth: 

6.jpg 126.9K
    7.jpg 49.3K
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    That one of the huge 5th wheel and then the tiny trailer is really funny - maybe they tow it for their dogs to sleep in? :)
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That one of the huge 5th wheel and then the tiny trailer is really funny - maybe they tow it for their dogs to sleep in? :)
    I keep trying to get my sister to buy a Class B or C to tow my SS. If we had our own place to cook and sleep, we could get along to go to Alaska ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    The guy above with the blue Chevy truck and camper looks to be way overloaded on that frame....  No way would I drive anywhere but around the block with that goofy looking set-up!  LOL
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I love the one where the shape of the camper matches the boat on top.
    but, ya, I don't want to be anywhere close to a lot of them.