Options

Blank Canvas

If your T@B does not have the T@B logo on the back have you used that blank canvas to personalize your T@B? If you have would like to share?
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Didn't know they came blank at all.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    My 2015 Sofitel S did.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    I took all the logos off my 2014 t@b maxx s....prefer the clean look. No plans to further customize. If you are going to remove, don't hesitate or the paint may fade around it
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There are a few who have customized their T@B's exterior. Do a search of decals or vinyl wrap. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Wait for a hot day and let graphic get hot in sun...used 3m adhesive remover to touch up ....very easy. 
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    I ordered mine without rear graphics. 
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    The only thing I want to remove (or replace) is the slogan...According to my professional writer friends you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition...These are marketing, slogan writer types so they notice this type of stuff. Now so do I.
    As is: "I Go Where I'm Towed To"
    Alt: "I Go To Where I Am Towed"
    Alt: "I Go Where I Am Towed"

I don't mind the big T@B - Everyone seems to know what a teardrop is and I get this...
    Them: There was one of those in the campground last week.
    Me: Oh really, another T@B, cool.
    Them: Uhhhh, it was smaller than yours though.
    Me: Ahhhh, so it didn't have this on the back?
    Seen quite a few small homemade jobbies on the road so the big decal sets it apart.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Ours mostly peeled itself off during its first winter outdoors. Nicely, it left no adhesive residue. Not real high-quality stickum, I guess...

That's fine, we didn't want it on there anyway. 

It's blank now, but eventually we'll do something on it.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    "Not real high-quality stickum" - Must not be that good old reliable "Minnesota" Scandinavian 3M stuff :-)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited May 2015
    PXLated said:
    The only thing I want to remove (or replace) is the slogan...According to my professional writer friends you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition...These are marketing, slogan writer types so they notice this type of stuff. Now so do I.
    As is: "I Go Where I'm Towed To"
    Alt: "I Go To Where I Am Towed"
    Alt: "I Go Where I Am Towed"
    That cracks me up (the preposition observation) every time I hear someone say this and yet many of these folks are the same people who butcher up the English language and use "K, ur, ttyl, lmao, etc." in their text messages!   Let's face it, it's a catchy/cute little slogan, concise and obviously not for every one and yet other people get a chuckle out of it and point at our rigs when they are rolling down the highway.   I have a brother who is anal about home construction and is the first to point out a small paint line error or something that is not level, etc.  

Obviously we are all different, we're creatures of habit, have different tastes, desires, likes, dislikes, etc.  Some folks do not like marketing cliche's or being identified with either a slogan on a trailer or a car dealer's license plate and sticker (free advertising) adhered to their new car off the lot.   The sticker and license plate are the first thing I remove on a vehicle.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    But, they are correct Mike :-)
    We're all attuned to our specialties of expertise. And no, these aren't guys/gals that butcher the language in txt messages. These are top of their field types.

I told my jeep dealer if he wanted to put that tire cover on with their big logo I was going to charge them a fee based on impressions per mile just like taxi and bus companies do. They took it off - Of course they were supposed to replace it with a plain one but for some reason that kept getting back-ordered.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    No argument they ARE correct....  I have what I consider to be a strong command of the English language too and text in general and it irritates me when I see it slaughtered via today's grammatical shortcuts via text messages, speech usage, etc.  And in as much as I agree, the Little Guy slogan doesn't bother me in the least bit.   Little Guy knows it's grammatically incorrect as they've been told so, but am betting it will remain for as long as I own their products.   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    Being a 7th generation Floridian from the panhandle I know that colloquial language is important. It ain't right to assume that when someone uses such language that it is a sign that they aren't educated and don't know better.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    Patti - Wether it's a myth or not, you won't find the pros I know doing it unless there's a very, very good reason - I'm talking writers I know from award winning agencies and working for companies like 3M, Target, General Mills, Polaris, BMW, Medtronic, etc - Mpls is a big ad/marketing town as it has more Fortune 500s per population than anywhere else. Having been a graphic designer for 40 years, I've been teamed up with many.
    The other thing though, you don't actually need it - The meaning remains the same. Shorter is always better - Since I'm short, I personally thick it applies to all things :-)
  • Options
    That's why I had - "without good reason" :-)
    Apple had the "Think Different" campaign - English majors had a stroke because they felt it should be "Think Differently" but that wasn't what Apple meant at all.

And yes, it's all taken seriously - For Example...

General Mills was teaming up with a kids educational company to give away CDs in exchange for X number of box tops. The Ed company hired me to design the Cheerios box. I met with the Cheerios marketing/branding group and received a 10-page document outlining everything I would ever need to know about a Cheerios box, panel by panel. All the things I had to take into account.

When 3M changed from their old blue logo to the bold, red 3M, they published a series of hard-bound books outlining everything there was to know about the new branding/identity (each signed by the CEO and Chairman). Each book covered a different usage - Signage/Vehicles - Advertising - Packaging - Etc. If you were working on 3M projects you had better not diverge from these branding rules or you'd be calling them a "former" client.

Big companies and major brands all take it seriously - Consistency is king.

-- Yep, more than you ever wanted to know :-)
  • Options
    Part of it is they need to legally protect their intellectual property so they're required to police abuses or their legal standing disminishes. In the case of "trade names" they have to be diligent or the name can become generic. You notice they say Kleenex "Brand". So does 3M with Scotch Tape.