Options

Sewer hose storage mod

This is my first post and my first mods.  We purchased a new 2014 T@B MaxS a month ago and have been learning about all the features and functions.  This weekend is our second trip.  The first trip was camping in our daughter's driveway!

Purpose for mod: I was looking for a place to store the sewer hose and the hose attachments like end caps and a place to store a spare grey/black tank cap.  We wanted to keep the sewer supplies outside of the trailer cabin and our TV.

The first mod is that I mounted 1 ½ inch inside diameter pvc tubes to each of the side support brackets inside the front utility box.  One end of the sewer hose goes over the tube on the left, the hose then follows the front curve of the container and the other end goes over the tube on the left.  A short 6-inch section of tube is glued and screwed to the bottom of the main tube. This is to attach the tube to brace and to keep the longer section away from the brace to allow clearance for the sewer hose.  I drilled 4 holes in the small section and used zip ties to attach to the brace.  The tubes could also be used as a place to hang extension cords too.

The second mod is at the bottom of the 4-inch tube that came with the trailer.  I purchased a 4-inch general-purpose floor drain and glued it to the bottom end of the existing tube.  This  required drilling out the rivets that hold the tube to the utility box.  Be careful when drilling as the heat generated will melt the plastic.  I replaced the rivets with screws.  With the drain in place I was able to drop in the sewer end caps and the spare grey/black water tank caps.

Design considerations: Function was an important consideration along with low cost, as light-weight as possible, no changes to the appearance of our T@B, minimal drilling or cutting to any part of the T@B.

I hope others will find these mods useful.  We've learned lots from the forum and the info has helped us get comfortable using everything out T@B has to offer.  Dave and Donna

2014 T@B-S
2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
Minnesota

Comments