Options

Budget Cargo Nets?

I got a quote today for the 320 S Boondock nets for the upper shelves. $75 delivered seems pricey, I realize they are a bit special and likely include hardware but has anyone found a lowered priced option? I measured the shelves and looked on Amazon but haven't found the "right" ones. Thanks for any help. 
Mike and Lisa Campbell
Springfield, MO
2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

Comments

• Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited August 2019
    this is the place you're looking for.  https://www.organizedobie.com/Barrier-Stretch-Nets  

but definitely check out this post.  
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6927/boondock-style-cargo-nets
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • Options
    MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    @morey000 Thank you! 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO

• Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Mine were less than $33 when I bought them last year direct from the factory. Still not convinced their parts distribution change wasn’t just a $ grab for dealers. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    Just found my invoice from NuCamp.  Bought one 4" x 36" and one 4" x 20" cargo net for a total of $29.70 on 9/27/18.  I'm stunned a dealer would be asking $70 for the same items 11 months later. Wow.  Just Wow.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    I just paid $59 for a replacement LED taillight that was almost identical to others on the Internet for $25 (housing was identical).  Chocked it up to being a specialty item.  Now it appears dealers may simply be doubling the old retail prices from NuCamp.  Perhaps its time we develop a Forum Parts Resource to avoid being scalped by the dealers.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Tabaz- I bought the Boondock setup, two for the door and two for the upper shelves. As I mentioned, just under $33 for everything. 

Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    Rcumomo - I have an earlier model Outback without the nets on the door.  Glad we both got ours before the new price gouging took affect!  I may start looking for a used 2016 T@B and buy it just for parts.
  • Options
    rcuomo said:
    Tabaz- I bought the Boondock setup, two for the door and two for the upper shelves. As I mentioned, just under $33 for everything. 

The $75 doesn't include the doors. I wish I had bought my trailer when you could order from NuCamp. I realize the dealers have to make a profit but I would guess they get some price break from the factory anyway. After reviewing the Organized Obie website and their make your own options I've decided to buy a large net on Amazon and some bungie cord. Cut it in to pieces and make my own. The net is $9.99 shipped, with bungie cord and hardware I should be around $15 total. I like good quality items but I ALWAYS try to find the most cost effective solutions. After seeing many posts where dealers aren't even interested in getting involved I think NuCamp should reconsider retail sales. They might need to increase pricing a bit for an extra staff person or payment processing but they are having to fill these orders anyway for the dealers. They might as well get the owner satisfaction credit along with a little more revenue. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    After reviewing the Organized Obie website and their make your own options I've decided to buy a large net on Amazon and some bungie cord. Cut it in to pieces and make my own. The net is $9.99 shipped, with bungie cord and hardware I should be around $15 total. I like good quality items but I ALWAYS try to find the most cost effective solutions. 
    I think that a while ago someone posted the exact sizes of the premade nets from that website that basically match the Outback/Boondock nets. You could probably find the post with some searching.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tabaz said:
    I just paid $59 for a replacement LED taillight that was almost identical to others on the Internet for $25 (housing was identical).  Chocked it up to being a specialty item.  Now it appears dealers may simply be doubling the old retail prices from NuCamp.  Perhaps its time we develop a Forum Parts Resource to avoid being scalped by the dealers.
    We could create and crowdsource a spreadsheet that lists the trailer model, year, part name, dealer quoted price, and available after market alternative. Things like cargo nets, lighting, Alde fluid, fuses, bug fuzz, taillights, 7 pin connectors, and vent covers are universal parts.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Great idea Jenn. How do we get something like that started?
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    Tabaz said:
    Great idea Jenn. How do we get something like that started?
    Google sheet?

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Here you go! You can use Excel on the web (free, no software required), on your desktop, or mobile app to edit.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Do you do have to create an account to sign in?
  • Options
    Tabaz said:
    Do you do have to create an account to sign in?
    I don't think so. Go ahead and try!

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    I would suggest calling Dana at Missouri Teardrop. (660) 909-3553. He will dropship the products to you. He is a very low overhead dealership and a heck of a nice guy. The T@B friends I’ve sent to him have been very happy with the prices and prompt service. You can tell him I sent ya. I don’t get a kickback. Hahah I just like him to know how you found him. Great guy! 
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    ColleenD2 said:
    I would suggest calling Dana at Missouri Teardrop. (660) 909-3553. He will dropship the products to you. He is a very low overhead dealership and a heck of a nice guy. The T@B friends I’ve sent to him have been very happy with the prices and prompt service. You can tell him I sent ya. I don’t get a kickback. Hahah I just like him to know how you found him. Great guy! 
    This quote was from Missouri Teardrop.  :s

BTW, I have spoken to Dana and he is a nice guy. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO

• Options
    I found a post from NuCamp in May of this year with a list of parts that includes the MSRP. The suggested price for the cargo nets for a shower model 320 is $20.87. I'm sure you would have to add shipping to that. 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8880/nucamp-msrp-list#latest
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO

• Options
    I found a post from NuCamp in May of this year with a list of parts that includes the MSRP. The suggested price for the cargo nets for a shower model 320 is $20.87. I'm sure you would have to add shipping to that. 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8880/nucamp-msrp-list#latest
    I spoke to Dana at Missouri Teardrop and his cost from NuCamp for the nets is $50+. Considering shipping this makes his original quote of $75 reasonable although I won't pay that much. I'm a bit surprised that some of you got them less than a year ago for $33 from NuCamp but we may be seeing that factory part prices have gone up but it will be difficult to tell since you can no longer order from the factory. Dana is a great guy but he's not really in the parts business, he sells trailers. Because his company is so responsive I'm concerned they will be overwhelmed with requests from all over the country. I believe since NuCamp requires part orders to go through dealers they should require ALL dealers to step up and help PLUS provide fair pricing. 

I've received my netting and bungee cording from Amazon. I'll be making nets soon and will share my results. I spent $20 total but have a lifetime supply of bungee cord plus I can make a few extra nets.  =)
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO

• Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    rcuomo said:

The $75 doesn't include the doors. I wish I had bought my trailer when you could order from NuCamp. I realize the dealers have to make a profit but I would guess they get some price break from the factory anyway. After reviewing the Organized Obie website and their make your own options I've decided to buy a large net on Amazon and some bungie cord. Cut it in to pieces and make my own. The net is $9.99 shipped, with bungie cord and hardware I should be around $15 total. I like good quality items but I ALWAYS try to find the most cost effective solutions. After seeing many posts where dealers aren't even interested in getting involved I think NuCamp should reconsider retail sales. They might need to increase pricing a bit for an extra staff person or payment processing but they are having to fill these orders anyway for the dealers. They might as well get the owner satisfaction credit along with a little more revenue. 
    @MiquelCamo how are these bungees anchored on the door? Screws or ?
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    After spending some time online looking at universal nets from Amazon, Obie, etc I ordered from NuCamp.   I’m above handy enough, having built race cars, boats, and a career Aviation Electronics Technician to put together a net.  But i did choose to buy the practically most expensive per square foot trailer on the market.  To be a “tightwad” over $35?  That’s the cost difference after getting netting, screws clamps, etc.  
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    ReenieG said:
    rcuomo said:

@MiquelCamo how are these bungees anchored on the door? Screws or ?
    Anchored mine to the door panel using ½” stainless pan head screws. Has held up well since installation.  
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited January 2022
    Mine are attached from the factory with clips like these (black in color) @ReenieG. Like @MiquelCamo said, they have short SS screws anchoring them to the door.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Dutch061, your "3 trips" comment is spot on.  I have just never thought about it so succinctly.

I was out yesterday picking up several items from three stores for a couple projects, but I know I will be back for what I forgot, or failed to anticipate.  However, my wife has got me in the habit of picking up more than I think I need to cut down on unnecessary trips.  We can always return what we don't use.  She is almost always correct that I end up using the extra items anyway, which is good, because I hate returning stuff.  As a result, I too tend to transfer what is left over to the "I might need it someday pile."
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    rcuomo said:

@rcuomo I was looking to order the nets on organized obie. Do you know what dimensions the door nets are?
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don’t know the measurements and my trailer is wrapped up tight for the winter. There is about 1.5” on each side and they are large enough to hold sandals, about 12-14” tall. 
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @rcuomo I was wondering what size from Organized Obie would work so instead of guessing, I'll go measure my door tomorrow when I go to storage. I was trying to avoid the trip, lol. Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    I think the 12 x 16 is the correct size. Probably if you reached out to Elsie at NuCamp she could confirm. 
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    @GatorEgg so how much was the nucamp netting total and which nets are in your package?