Options

Fab Habitat Camping Review: It Matches!

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Last year, I bought a camping mat from Camping World. It was high quality, but I made a rookie mistake and ordered one that was too big (9 x 12). I really liked the material; it dried quickly and dirt and sand passed through the material; easily. The big draw, however, was that one of the primary colors was a pretty close match to the trim on my T@b.  Shortly into my first season of RV camping, I realized my mistake. Due to the size, It was really hard to handle by myself and took up too much storage space in my tiny camper. This year I was resolved to simplify the camping mat experience and regain some storage space, so I set out to find one that was as close in color as possible to the one I bought last year that went nicely with my T@b but that had a smaller footprint.

Finding a camping mat with turquoise was not an easy task. I had seen someone in a T@b mention Fab Habitat rugs before, so I went to their site and found a match. As a matter of fact, it was very close to my Camping World mat. After a quick search on Amazon, I found the rug and that it had a 4.5 star rating, so I didn't hesitate to order it. I ordered the 4x6 size.

I used the rug for the first time this weekend. What a delight! The size was perfect, and so easy to roll up and store when you are done. The quality seems top notch and the color is an even better match than my old rug! I use the hard cardboard tube included to help roll up the rug (I may discontinue using this.) This creates a nice, tight roll, which can be secured using the 2 circular straps, included. The mat then stows easily in the included burlap bag. The mat easily allows debris like sand and, dirt to pass through, dries quickly, and seems very strong. I found leaves blow off quickly.

Due to the high quality, color, and ease of storage, I would highly recommend this mat to other T@b owners!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Hmmmm - I have a 4x6 and was thinking something a little bigger. The way I set up it doesn't really cover the door leave enough room to get my chair & table on it. 9x12 does sound too big, do they have 5x7 or 6x8?
  • Options
    I see 5x8 and 6x9.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Cool, thanks Jenn, will have to check out them out
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    Love the Fab Habitat rugs!  It is amazing how much of a difference having a good rug can make.
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    Oh, and I totally covet your turquoise trim every time I see it.  =)
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    edited May 2015
    Jenn - if you ever see me camping I swear I didn't copy you - but I also ordered and received the exact same mat! My T@B will be all white with the aqua trim and when I saw that mat online (ordered from a different place) I knew it was the one I wanted! Actually our T@Bs would look pretty cute side by side!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited May 2015
    Hi Jenn. What is the rug made of? I have a similar looking one colorwise, that came from bb and beyond that is made of plastic woven straw-like stuff.   Yours looks more like a heartier nylon weave maybe?  Looks like a great find.  Mine is wearing in places where the camping chairs rest.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options

They are made of recycled plastic, which I think a lot of these camping mats are made out of these days. This also makes them super light weight.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I bought mine last year from Bed,Bath & Beyond. Fits well inside my 5x7 screen room. May be ready to change colors this summer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I have the same type, but buy them at World Market.  Lowe's also carries them, but only the smaller size.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    ruminatorruminator Member Posts: 8
    Jenn, thanks for this recommendation! I have one bookmarked in my Amazon wishlist to order the moment I take delivery of my T@B. :)