Options

Made awning for 2016 Tab Max CS-S

KFarriorKFarrior Member Posts: 13
edited September 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
i recently read another members suggestion about using little plastic u clamps he found at Lowe’s to attach a tarp as an awning. I bough a waterproof Sun sail  Shade from Amazon. It was a 9.5 x9.5. I sewed 24 clamps across the top.  It slide into the keeder rail with a good bit of tugging because of the tiny screws that hold the keeder rail to the trailer. I found keeder rail rope on amazon and will be sewing it to the Sun sail shade. Though the u clamps work for me, being by myself it was a chore to put up. Once up it worked great. 
Here are the items I bought. The Sun sail comes in multiple colors.  I also bought telescoping tent/awning poles that extend up to 8.5 feet. These are the items:  ColourTree 100% Blockage Waterproof Sun Shade Sail Canopy Square (Amazon - 36.99). Odoland Adjustable Tarp Poles (Amazon - 29.99).  Today I ordered the Keder 8.5mm(5/6”) Welded Flap 15 feet (Amazon - 15.99) to sew onto the Sun Sail Shade. Total cost 82.97 as compared to nearly 400.00 for the eyebrow awning. I’m grateful to all of you and your ideas. Thank you!