Options

Some Electrical Mods

MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
edited September 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
In my 2007 Dutchmen T@B, there was never any power in the front closet or the front bench. In my early days of ownership, I simply ran a heavy duty extension cord from the bench plug along the floor, through the front bench and into the closet to a power strip. Since I am redoing all the countertops including the top of the Cool Cat, this was my opportunity to run some real power to the closet/front bench area. I discovered that the front bench outlet did have a second "Line" attachment, so I was able to use the same outlet.

I drilled a hole in the side of the bench to run the wire through. I was also able to add a cable splitter and additional coax to put a coax outlet by my front door for an outside TV. 

Cables going across the top of the Cool Cat. I will bundle them up and secure.

I used surface mount outlets. This first one was mounted in the very top of the inside of the closet. I'm plugging my television into that one and tucking all the wires in the upper part of the closet. Getting the box for this outlet mounted was not easy. I needed to be a contortionist with 4 hands in a small space. Took forever dropping screws about 10 times.

Then I ran additional wire to a 2nd box just outside the closet. I was hoping to put one of those outlets with the USBs built in, but they were just too deep, then found this plug in outlet. It even cost less than the wired one.

I'm now in search of one of those little boxes that many of you have mounted and some short USB cables for phone charging.
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
Harvest, AL

Comments