Upgrade kitchen faucet in Tab 400
Comments
-
When we replaced some bad copper pipes in part of our home water system, we used PEX blue /non-oxygen barrier) for the cold water pipes coming from the pump and the water processing (O3 system), but the hot water lines were red oxygen barrier lines, as our hot water system is a commercial type boiler, and is very hot, and this was recommended. The red PEX we used was more expensive and different from the standard blue PEX (which also comes in red it seems). Thanks for the updated info Brad.
The joys of running your own water company, dealing with wells, storage, treatment and two distribution systems, one for the water from the wells and another for the domestic lines from the water from the water processing/treatment tanks.
Cheers
2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock, Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.1 -
@rh5555, @Denny16, @Amazonica
Just received the AC542 faucet from Dyers RV. I haven’t installed it yet, but it feels like it’s all metal and very heavy. Looks like a quality product. Dyers pricing is MUCH better than Panther.
gande
2018 T@b 400
2019 Ram 1500 crew cab / 5.7 V80 -
I used the same faucet for an upgrade also. If you leave the faucet handle in the up position when you close the sinks glass lid it will turn on the water. I have to make sure the faucet is in the down position before closing the lid. I left it in the up position once and overflowed the sink.2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V61
-
I just upgraded the original short kitchen faucet with this one from Amazon that is taller and still folds down to fit perfectly. I just needed a 3/4" male to 1/2" male adapter to connect new faucet lines to the water lines. I had to hack saw off the red and blue plastic exits from the old faucet to get them off so I could to lift the faucet off the sink. Super easy install on the new faucet. Excited to have more height in the new faucet to do dishes. Here is the one someone on the forum recommended and I also agree:
https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Faucet-Universal-Caravan-Rotation/dp/B09ST2JV9P?pd_rd_w=jpgWU&content-id=amzn1.sym.875c2599-fb39-45b3-be42-4ea71a9cd3f6&pf_rd_p=875c2599-fb39-45b3-be42-4ea71a9cd3f6&pf_rd_r=MCP3BKFFD12RZNQHWFHM&pd_rd_wg=De50v&pd_rd_r=fce3f9b4-878b-4172-ac3f-94ca087b2cb2&ref_=pd_bap_d_csi_rtpb_bap_sim_0_t&th=1
2022 T@B 400 BD, the T@bacabana
TV: 2017 Chevy Tahoe0 -

2022 T@B 400 BD, the T@bacabana
TV: 2017 Chevy Tahoe0 -
I just ordered that faucet from Amazon due to the comment in the reviews. Someone stated that they purchased it for a Tab 400. Sold!This is so much better than the original and fits perfectly. Just had to go to the hardware store to get a couple of adapters and use some teflon tape for the connections.I just went to an RV show and saw a new Tab 400. I don't know why they insist on installing the old faucet with all the issues it has with leaks. This one doesn't need the base to be turned for the top to close. Rotating the base eventually creates a loose faucet stem in which water seeps into the cabinet.
2021 Tab400 boondock, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk0 -
So it seems like the model above isn't available online anymore. Anyone tried other foldable models and willing to share what's working in their Tabs (ideally along with photos if possible)? I'm having some analysis paralysis. I liked the long neck version with single centre handle like the posts above but it's not available - the closest is the 1st image below but the neck is a lot shorter so not sure it'll work as nicely in our sink.
Meanwhile, the second image below is available and has the right neck but a different handle - I'm wondering if that's harder to control water flow since it seems like it only has a temp adjustment and no flow adjustment - anyone have any advice/experience?
0 -
The faucet I described earlier in this thread is still available and has worked well for me:
Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA0 -
It's unfortunately a little pricey at over $400 on that link. Was hoping folks might have some sub-$100 recommendations ideally from Amazon as other sites don't all ship to Canada.
0 -
Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA0
-
Nice faucet,
The kitchen sink and faucet are a hot item…. A lot has been discovered and written about the subject.
Careful when the spring loaded glass cover goes down on a not fully folded metal faucet.
0 -
rh5555,
The faucet that you have listed above is hands down the best option as a replacement. And it is also the cheapest way out to fix your faucet. The stock plastic faucet is just a poor product all around where mine broke at the hot and cold whip connections to the plastic faucet.
The only problem that exists after that is the fact the faucet being metal the glass top might have a bad day one day when somebody is careless.
Build your dream… and find joy.
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 11 Cirrus Truck Campers
- 127 Dutchman and Vintage TaB Archives
- 3 Forum Rules
- 3 nüCamp & Forum Contacts
- 967 Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- 2.7K Battery/Electrical & Solar
- 1.2K Camping & Travel
- 145 Events & News
- 220 Factory Comments
- 23 "FOR SALE" - New/Used Trailers
- 12 “FOR SALE" - Camping & Trailer Gear
- 2.4K Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
- 142 Help - Computer & System
- 924 Introductions
- 408 Looking to purchase a trailer?
- 2.1K Modifications & Upgrades
- 1.4K Products and Accessories
- 420 Service/Maintenance & Recall Notices
- 37 Solo Travelers Hints & Tips
- 1 T@G Forum
- 77 Teardrop Groups & Links
- 78 Testimonials
- 922 Tips & Tricks
- 1.5K Trailer & Towing
- 27 Owners Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources
- 56 üCamp Rally - News & Information




