Black Water Tank

I will soon be new to trailer camping in a new T@B. HOORAY. I am 6'2", but have decided to make due with the dimensions and luxury accomodations of the T@B. My concerns are the Black Water Tank being 6 gallons. I will be traveling solo, but still have concerns as to whether, or not, 6 gallons is sufficient. Obviously,  it will have to be dumped (no pun intended) more often than a larger tank. Just want opinions of other T@B owners. Is there a way to upgrade to a larger tank? Inquiring minds want to know! How about comments about the Gray Water Tank? Thanks to all. - Tom

Comments

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What type of camping are you going to do?
    Extended boondocking could fill it but otherwise I haven't had a problem. Even when I boondocking I'm out and about and stop at gas stations so I've never come close to filling it. Depending on where you're camping, there seems to be plenty of dump stations around. I'm not one to want to spend more than a week in one spot so I'm tearing down and dumping as I go.
  • sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

I haven't camped since I was a kid in the 60's. Soon, I'm going to buy a T@B and wing it! Should be fun. I want to see the USA up close and personal. As long as the trailer doesn't pass my TV on the road, I should be OK. I just joined this Forum and am reading many posts. Very informative. Very good and helpful people on this site, which is nice to know!

Thanks for your input/advice!

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ahhhhh - welcome to the forums. You're right, lots of good stuff here. I started reading before I got my T@B and it all helped.
  • WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    One way to extend the length of having to dump the black water tank is with doggy bags for humans.  I use the Go Anywhere bags (sold on Amazon), and others have used the Double Duty bags.  They are effective and convenient.  Just a thought. 
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I have the go anywhere toilet as well.  No backwater...and convenient.
  • sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92
    Thanks for the information folks! I just joined this forum. What a great group of people sharing great and useful information!