Options

Storage Boxes? (Open Truck Bed)

I am researching removable camping gear storage boxes for my truck bed (tow a TAB 400 Boondock Lite) that are study & lockable. I am interested in various sizes with the largest for my Westinghouse generator. Having viewed numerous online trailer towing trucks with storage boxes they range from light weight plastic to more substantial but difficult to view brands.  So....what do you (open bed tow truck users) use for storage boxes and what do you recommend?  Thanks! 
2019 TAB 400 Boondock

Comments

• Options
    grsiepkagrsiepka Member Posts: 58
    Don't have an open truck, but maybe look at the Plano storage boxes? I have 3 of the 68qt ones in the back of my 4runner and they are pretty sturdy. They have other sizes an options.
    2020 T@B 400 Boondock Lite - 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum - Tempe AZ
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We use a couple of large plastic truck-bed utility boxes. One I picked up at Tractor Supply, and the other at an auto parts store. The two of them fill the truck-bed about ⅔ full, and are flush with the top of the truck's box.
    One has a (flimsy) key-lock/latch plus two lid hold-down latches that could accommodate a padlock on each.
    The one from Tractor Supply provides accommodation for two long padlocks.
    I generally don't lock either one anymore, figuring someone would need to be pretty bold (or pretty dumb) to try to dig through them. I figure they provide weather resistance and they keep prying eyes ignorant of anything worth stealing (admittedly, not much!)
    Probably the item with the most value to a thief would be our surge protector and cord, which I keep in a closed plastic drywall-compound type bucket, out in the open. Why would someone steal a bucket....
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya