Options

Boondock Light Bar Removal

This discussion was created from comments split from: WATER LEAK FROM LIGHT-BAR WIRING.

Comments

• Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    Your post is closest to my question which is, how can I remove the light bar? I cannot think of a use for it, though it is impressive. I'm theorizing that it may cut my mpg by at least 1 mpg.  I wanted to simply remove the bar and leave the bracket to keep my options open. I figured that I could simply unscrew the outside and inside plastic nuts that guide the power wire into the plastic housing and disconnect it. However upon opening unscrewing them, I found that the wire seems to dive deep into the roof and didn't look detachable.  So, I tried to reassemble, simple right? But I found that the inside threaded piece would not engage the inner threads. So, now I'm stuck disassembled and subject to leaks (I did a temporary tape job). I drove to me dealer for help and found they'd never assembled nor disassembled this unit either as it comes factory installed. The advise is to call Austin. I will do, in the meantime anyone have ideas?

Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi