Options

do have a question about gapping in seal beneath roof trim

XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
2014 S. Notices that the trim that runs front to back on each side at the roof has a rubber gasket type material underneath. It lays flat and snug most of the way, but there are a couple of areas where the alumiskin exterior has "ripples" that leave gaps between it and the gasket. Something to be worried about? (I.e blast with rtv or somesuch?)
LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 

Comments

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    On the Dutchmen T@Bs the black seal is cosmetic only, so I would assume the same for the LG.  It has a tendency to come off, though, so most of us have applied a dab of Shoe Goo every several inches or so to keep it in place.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Whoo.. thank you. Mine is brand new, and the thought of water intrusion points from the giddy up made me queasy. I'll fetch some of that goo.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    pcallg1975pcallg1975 Member Posts: 6
    That is great info. I was going to try clear silcone outdoor caulking, more resistant to UV (hopefully).

Anyone know where to buy the water tank for the sink? Our used model came without one.