Options

NuCamp Avia

Well... got a chance to do my own walk through of this new product offering today, and I must say, I was sorely disappointed. Build quality imho is lack luster. Cabinetry is not the same as that as we find in the 320 or 400. I also found it curious that the froli(sp) system was not used on the bed.  The Air8 was working well, it is a beautiful trailer, and 1/2 the price of an Airstream, but not the same fit & finish as I have become accustomed. I hope nucamp tightens up on the cabinetry; it’s what brought me to the family (at least one reason!)
TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
2018 320S Outback

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    4ncar said:
    Well... got a chance to do my own walk through of this new product offering today, and I must say, I was sorely disappointed. Build quality imho is lack luster. Cabinetry is not the same as that as we find in the 320 or 400. I also found it curious that the froli(sp) system was not used on the bed.  The Air8 was working well, it is a beautiful trailer, and 1/2 the price of an Airstream, but not the same fit & finish as I have become accustomed. I hope nucamp tightens up on the cabinetry; it’s what brought me to the family (at least one reason!)
    Tell me more about what you didn't like about the cabinetry. I really liked it in the living area, not so much the bedroom, though.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    edited September 2019
    @jkjenn: laminate mostly, and that it was de laminating already. Cabinet door reveals were poor. I will add that I liked the bathroom door extension, but it was very difficult to operate.
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    rbtxrbtx Member Posts: 24
    Interesting viewpoint.  I thought the cabinets looked very nice in the one I walked through - different, for sure, but very nicely done.  And the bathroom door extension worked with ease in that one.  We’ve been evaluating the 400 for some time and have been waiting for the 2020 issues to continue to reveal themselves and get worked out.  In that respect I’m not as used to the 400 or 320 designs other than evaluating them against other brands compared to people that own and use them.  I expected something very different with the Avia I viewed and I sure got it.  I really think it will give AS some competition.  AS has had their own share of quality and design issues, some very major fails recently, but the AS owners sure circle the wagons to protect the brand.  I’m anxious to hear feedback from folks buying the Avia model.  I recently saw PrincessCraft had one of their inventory models labeled as Sale Pending.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    4ncar said:
    @jkjenn: laminate mostly, and that it was de laminating already. Cabinet door reveals were poor. I will add that I liked the bathroom door extension, but it was very difficult to operate.
    Interesting. There were a couple of things that looked like it needed to be cleaned up on the one at üCamp, but overall, I like the high gloss look. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    There are 3 for sale at Beckley’s....the bath door, I can see being repairable due to high traffic. Delamination...?
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I know at least some models of the AS have similar high gloss cabinets, probably why NuCamp went that way instead of the 400 type of wood?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    I know at least some models of the AS have similar high gloss cabinets, probably why NuCamp went that way instead of the 400 type of wood?
    Probably, and I would suspect, yes, they are going for AS market share...

the sky light in the dining are is the cats meow, though that is for sure. 
    2018 320S Outback