tractor supply ultimate jack

I saw a mod to a tab 320 fitting the ultimate jack. Anyone tried it on a tab 400? It says 2000lb capacity. But since you are tilting the trailer and not lifting it, should be enough. I'm tired of taking the jockey wheel on and off every trip. I may finally get around to buying the flat plate instead of the jockey wheel.

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’ve used the flat plate for about 4 years as I got tired of trying to fit the jockey wheel in place. I have it on the T@B 400, and it works well. I would not be able to move the 400 with the jockey wheel, so I have a sturdy plate to keep my T@B steady. And, I can leave the flat plate in place 24/7 and it is not in the way. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I saw one at Tractor supply. The other issue is that I can't drop the tailgate of my truck with the handle facing forward. If it was on the side it would be fine. If only you could turn it. Maybe I'll try and make something so the handle is moveable. There are hitch extension tubes but I am leary of using one with the weight of the Tab 400.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’ll be using a 14 1/2” long Curt receiver bar. It really not an extension, but just a longer receiver bar. There should be no decrease in towing capacity as this is not an extension, but the same as any receiver bar, just a bit longer.   I did have to order the 14.5” from a truck accessory business. I have only towed the 400 about 33 miles with the F-150, but I’ll put it to a test by driving to nüCamp for warranty issues, about 700 miles round trip with the new F-150 tow vehicle.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Not sure if I can get one for my Tundra. Worth a look.
  • targtarg Member Posts: 85
    Tundra57 said:
    I saw one at Tractor supply. The other issue is that I can't drop the tailgate of my truck with the handle facing forward. If it was on the side it would be fine. If only you could turn it. Maybe I'll try and make something so the handle is moveable. There are hitch extension tubes but I am leary of using one with the weight of the Tab 400.
    Huh?  With the UJ, you just pull the pin and drop the jack down out of the way of the tailgate.  Perhaps I am confused about what you mean?
    Anyway, the 400's wet tongue weight is under 400lbs so the UJ will be well within its limits.
    The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice. | -REBEC OF GINAZ
    2019 T@B 320S BD Lite, Jeep TJUR, Jeep JT

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    I think I have the same receiver for my 2013 Tundra. See the pictures. It works well. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
    My Jack has no pin to drop you have to wind it all the way by hand.so the handle never gets any lower. I'm going to look for that bar. I got one from advance auto but it still wasn't long enough. Got a ding in my tailgate to prove it lol.
  • targtarg Member Posts: 85
    Tundra57 said:
    My Jack has no pin to drop you have to wind it all the way by hand.so the handle never gets any lower. I'm going to look for that bar. I got one from advance auto but it still wasn't long enough. Got a ding in my tailgate to prove it lol.
    Ah - I misunderstood.  I thought you meant you had looked at the UJ and thought it wouldn't work.  My bad.
    Yeah, swap your factory jack for an UJ and you can just drop it out of the way when you need to lower the tailgate.

The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice. | -REBEC OF GINAZ
    2019 T@B 320S BD Lite, Jeep TJUR, Jeep JT

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    In addition to the longer receiver noted by @Verna, I have an ultimate Jack on my 400. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
    Looks like shopping this weekend lol.
    Just bought mine today last in store and flat foot. Fitting it tomorrow
  • GrandmasKidGrandmasKid Member Posts: 163
    Is the Ultrajack easy to completely remove while towing so that it's out of the way of a tailgate? I'm getting info. to decide between a Jack-E-Up and Ultra Jack. It looks like the Ultrajack might be easier to install on the T@B 400 frame but I want the jack to be removed while traveling and being towed by our Tacoma. Thanks.
    2021 400 Boondock/ 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road