Options

Brand of 6V AGM batteries - Does it matter?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
Are any better than others. My dealer is using HB Harris batteries. Or does it matter the brand? Any downside to these vs others? 

Comments

• Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    edited September 2019
    Are any better than others. My dealer is using HB Harris batteries. Or does it matter the brand? 
    Depends on who you talk to.  But Lifeline/Concorde and Trojan frequently come up on best battery lists.  Lifeline is particularly well regarded, which is the USCG’s brand of choice.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,679
    edited September 2019
    Just a few  "manufacturers" make the batteries for distribution for different brands:  Johnson Controls and Exide.
    https://www.cartechbooks.com/techtips/battery/    (towards the bottom of the page)
    Consumer reports says there are three, adding East Penn.

Car Battery Brands

Most aftermarket car batteries sold in the U.S. are made by three companies that build them for retailers: Johnson Controls, which supplies more than half of the market; Exide; and East Penn. They are sold under various names and built to the specifications of retailers, so performance can vary. Most stores will test, install, and match a battery to your car’s needs. Here are the major brands and where they are sold.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    These are the batteries installed by nüCamp at the factory in the T@B 400’s. The dealers only provide and install batteries in the T@B 320’s and the T@G’s.

I have these same batteries in my 400 and they are working wonderfully as I camp for 4 to 5 months every winter using only solar power to charge these batteries. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”