Options

Adding a Propane Splitter Connection on TAB

mikewisniewskimikewisniewski Member Posts: 10
Has anyone added a quick disconnect propane connection to there TAB?  The purpose would be for propane accessories such as a propane fire pit or external propane cook stove?  Looking for best place to plumb it in and materials needed, (pictures) etc. 
Thanks for your input!!   Mike

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    I added a "Y" connector to my propane tank for that reason.  It is not a "quick-connect" but takes only a few seconds to attach a hose from my griddle.  Actually I leave the external hose connected to the tank and just connect it to the external stove when needed.  The connector was about $25.00 at a hardware store.

• Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    I added a "Y" connector to my propane tank for that reason.  It is not a "quick-connect" but takes only a few seconds to attach a hose from my griddle.  Actually I leave the external hose connected to the tank and just connect it to the external stove when needed.  The connector was about $25.00 at a hardware store.

I've done the same. It works very well keeping a 12 foot hose attached and coiled up along side the tank ready to go. Just snake it out the back and it'll reach the outside shelf bracket holding my camp stove. The first "Y" I tried was too bulky and wouldn't allow both hoses to be attached so get as compact a version as possible.
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    X3! We added a "Y" connector with a 6 ft hose for the webber Q grill.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Same idea, different connector. I use this for a Weber Q grill. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything similar with a true quick connector on it.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    We use this..

KIBOW Propane Y-Splitter Tee Adapter with Gauge-100% Solid Brass-Work with BBQ Grills, Camping Stoves, Gas Burners, Propane Appliances https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076P64ML9

The gauge works quite well, but if there is ever a question we also have a spring-based "grill gauge" & carry a spare tank for a longer trip, or 1-lb spare with adapter in case of emergency (like running out of heat in middle of the night).

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods