Options

Sleep positions

Any T@B owners out there 6 feet and over? We have a new T@B 320CS-S, and while love the trailer I'm a little concerned about how I'll feet in the bed. I'm about 6'1". Do taller guys sleep across the trailer axis or with it? Any modifications to prevent dangling feet or bumped heads? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    edited September 2018
    Search CS bed.

Sleeping by yourself on a diagonal will work.  Otherwise, elongate the passenger side rear to front area to accommodate your height.  There are several options from a cheap footstool with a cushion, to a drop counter-like system to support a cushion in that area.  Of course, that will block the door and bathroom door and leaves your partner sleeping at least partially rear to front on a 58 inch long mattress!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    DH is 6’5”. We sleep in twin beds lengthwise in our 320s. The first picture that comes up in the google search above is mine. I made it so DH can sleep with his head to the front of the trailer. If you can sleep with your head to the back without bonking you might be able to just let your toes hang over the front a bit. Can’t see how a tall person would manage in a clamshell. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ArwenArwen Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2018
    Hi, I had the exact same concerns when we were viewing the T@B models this Spring.  My boyfriend is 6-1 and I'm 6-0.  My TV is a Jeep, and I loved the 320S Boondock from the moment I saw it on the dealer's lot, as I wanted a camper that would be able to handle some of the rough National Forest roads in my area. But I knew that the 5-8 headroom would be a very hard sell for my boyfriend.  And I was right, as he immediately said it was too small, and was much more interested in the 400. I considered getting the CS model, until I learned that it was not available with the Boondock package (Plus my boyfriend wanted an indoor kitchen.)
    I really tried to compromise, and did my best to convince myself that I would learn to be ok with the larger 400, but the idea of towing it was really stressing my out (since I would be the one towing it most of the time). Plus I was convinced that the 320 would totally work for us, with a bit of adapting on our part.  After all, it was way larger than the little backpacking tent that we had been camping in.
    For starters, we ordered the side tent on the day we bought our T@B, and once we set that up at home, my boyfriend's feeling about the 320 totally changed, as we now had a little camper with a second room that had all sorts of headroom. 
    On the non-CS model, the bed is a bit longer, at 73 inches; so the bed works fine for us, we just sleep at a slight diagonal.
    I solved the headroom issue at the kitchen sink/stove by adding a 24 inch tall folding stool, which is perfect, with the bonus of being a good height for looking out the front window.
    I love our 320 and am so glad I didn't let myself get talked into a larger model.  Sometimes smaller is actually better, especially when you're mainly using it for a base camp, and are spending most days out hiking or sea kayaking.
    Good luck on finding creative ways to make your camper more comfortable for you. :)
    Arwen: Northern NH; 2018 T@B 320S Boondock, silver/blue; TV: blue 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

OT but @Arwen has a great idea for RV centers pitching the 320 U/S models to tall people.
    Have a folding stool, cane, or stick chair handy to demonstrate why height at the galley isn't an issue.

https://youtu.be/JLBAShPiN4M

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    scotty0424scotty0424 Member Posts: 17
    There are a slew of jokes that come to mind, none in good taste.