Satellite Radio

I love Sirius/XM choices and would like to have it in our new T@B. Wondering if there is a bluetooth satellite radio receiver that is compatible with the Jensen unit in the trailer. Any thoughts?

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    I don't think there are bluetooth receivers, but there are bluetooth docking station kits for a couple of receivers.

Home kit:

I have an Xm3pi that I use the old car dock with the 12V power supply and plug it directly into the Jensen aux in port with the appropriate cable. 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    In my 2007, I put in a standard car stereo/CD player that was XM compatible, and added a dedicated XM receiver and marine antenna. My television is in no way connected to the radio or speakers in the T@B.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • DcarltonDcarlton Member Posts: 19
    I’ve been streaming SiriusXM from my iPhone to the Jensen. Works great but does use your data allotment.
  • kbrnrkbrnr Member Posts: 9
    I just added the Sirius home kit to my 320s 2018. There is a cable  in the T@B welcome kit with red, yellow, and white female connectors that can plug into to the front of the radio. I take my radio out of my car and put it in the home dock. No separate subscription and no internet needed.
    kbrnr said:
    I just added the Sirius home kit to my 320s 2018. There is a cable  in the T@B welcome kit with red, yellow, and white female connectors that can plug into to the front of the radio. I take my radio out of my car and put it in the home dock. No separate subscription and no internet needed.
    That was my first iteration of XM in my first truck. I had a portable XM radio with a car connection kit in the truck, and added a home kit through the original television and moved the radio back and forth and used a stick to put the home antenna on top of the T@B. However, when I got a new truck, it had Sirius built in, and that was when I upgraded the television and radio in the T@B. 
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • dougmdougm Member Posts: 23
    Could you say more about how you mounted your satellite radio antenna on top of your T@B?  Thanks!
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Dcarlton said:
    I’ve been streaming SiriusXM from my iPhone to the Jensen. Works great but does use your data allotment.
    Ditto. It uses very little data. I really relied on this for news and sports when I was FT for a brief period.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

edited May 2019
    dougm said:
    Could you say more about how you mounted your satellite radio antenna on top of your T@B?  Thanks!
    I bought this antenna.... https://www.ebay.com/i/163663709832?chn=ps and just screwed the base into the top front of the T@B near the front window, with lots of caulking in the screw holes. The antenna wire runs through the front window and to the radio inside the front closet. The antenna folds down flat for travel.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
    Thanks @Mouseketab.  I have a small magnetic Sirius XM antenna (1.5"x1.5" x .5") that I can mount on the roof above the window like you did.  Good to hear that you were successfully able to get the wire through the window caulking.  Can you post a photo?
    edited May 2019
    Here are photos of my antenna and install.

Antenna in the up position with the wire going through the window. If you lift that lever up on the right, you can lower the antenna down for travel.

Close up of the wire

The radio unit installed above the closet door

Not sure if you can make this out, but the actual XM unit is mounted to the wall inside the closet with the extra antenna wire coiled up. Of course there are connecting wires going to the radio unit.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
    Thanks Carol!  Much appreciated.  Doug