Help - New Camper w/Squirrels & Chipmunk Issues

camping with 2019 t@b for 2nd Time squirrels are are going up over the wheels and inside - how to keep them out ? Last week found a chipmunk inside camper and still not sure how he got there PLEASE HELP so afraid damage !!!

Comments

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    edited September 2018
    Which Tab?  The 400 has cut outs in the frame near the axle and just behind the step ( both sides). I made lexan covers for them. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Tabby2019Tabby2019 Member Posts: 3
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Tabby2019, WOW!  :o:s I have to say that's the first I've heard of that one. Have you pulled the two side covers under the seat cushions to see if you can tell HOW they're getting in by the the wheel wells? The wheel tubs are exposed under there & you should pretty easily be able to tell if there are gaps, or holes they can enter.
    In the mean time, I'd hide the nut stash a little better! Another place you might look ( you didn't specify, so I'm assuming you have a T@B 320), is under the fridge, and also in the back behind the rear seat cushion. 
    With the number of squirrels & chipmunks I have around here, I'd have to start charging condo rent if they got in to mine! Good luck, and maybe someone else has run in to the same situation, and will chime in. In any case, let us know what you find please! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    Tabby2019 said:
    camping with 2019 t@b for 2nd Time squirrels are are going up over the wheels and inside - how to keep them out ? Last week found a chipmunk inside camper and still not sure how he got there PLEASE HELP so afraid damage !!!
    As a suggestion I would check to see if there are any gaps where the AC drain line goes out the bottom and some of the other holes through the floor.  If there is a big enough gap those suckers can squeeze through the smallest holes.  You can stuff a bit of steel wool in the holes around it and that should keep them out since they don't like chewing through the metal.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @Tabby2019, we have a CS-S, too.  Check under both benches.  The wheel well liner in ours is secured at the bottom.  Feel for gaps at the top.  If you can get under the chocked trailer, look at the synthetic cover for holes and gaps.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio